Thread: I'm diggin' these new discoveries

I'm diggin' these new discoveries

I've recently been checking out a shed load of bands new to me in hardrock/metal:

Blues Pills

Kamelot

Powerwolf

I like Blues Pills. "Black Smoke" is a great song. We're gonna hear more from them in the future I guess...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I got their debut EP (5 track I think, maybe 4) the other day as a freebie from a Warner Brothers exec. Excellent stuff!

I saw Kamalot open for Nightwish on their last tour and they blew me away. I only own two of their albums so far, but they are great if you like bombastic prog-ish metal.

Absolutely, I saw then live at a festival last week, and the new singer is excellent! Also at the same festival of a similar style were Within Temptation, Therion, Powerwolf and Avatarium.

I have the Blues Pills EP and enjoy that quite a bit. Would love to see a full length album.

I have a couple of the Kamelot albums with the last singer Roy/Ray something or other. Haven't played them in a number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Absolutely, I saw then live at a festival last week, and the new singer is excellent! Also at the same festival of a similar style were Within Temptation, Therion, Powerwolf and Avatarium.
    Agreed, he is a great front man with an incredible voice. They had a girl vocalist with them too when I saw them. She sang mostly background, but when she took the lead she could really belt it out too. Their last album “Silverthorne” with the current lineup is well worth checking for anyone into power / prog metal. I hope I get the chance to see them as a headliner some day.