Thread: Anubis from Australia

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar

Anubis from Australia

Well, this is only if you like neoprog. If you do, you'll eat it up.

But even if you don't, you will at least understand the appeal.

The new album - released a week ago - is at www.progstreaming.com, while their two previous albums are at www.progstreamingclassic. They belong to my ever-growing list of artists I MYSELF discovered thanks to Progstreaming, which in its own it a reward worth it.

I'm curious if I'm alone in my love for this band?

I like the first album, "230503", a lot. I like the second album, "A Tower of Silence", not as much as the first., but it's still pretty good. Looking forward to hearing the new album.

The new album is very good indeed.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

I know Douglas Skene from the band (he has a prog metal band called Hemina which is well worth checking out, too). The new album is indeed a keeper, with the title track far and away my favorite.
    Progtopia is a podcast devoted to interviewing progressive rock, metal, and electronic artists from the past and present, featuring their songs and exclusive interviews. Artists interviewed on the show have included Steve Hackett, Sound of Contact, Larry Fast, Circus Maximus, Anubis Gate, Spock's Beard, and many more. http://progtopia.podomatic.com See you in a land called Progtopia!

Suspended
    The progstreamingclassic URL needs a .com at the end as well.

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunhillow View Post
    Well, this is only if you like neoprog. If you do, you'll eat it up.

But even if you don't, you will at least understand the appeal.

The new album - released a week ago - is at www.progstreaming.com, while their two previous albums are at www.progstreamingclassic. They belong to my ever-growing list of artists I MYSELF discovered thanks to Progstreaming, which in its own it a reward worth it.

I'm curious if I'm alone in my love for this band?
    Thank you Sunhillow/Progstreaming for tipping me to this. I had stayed away becasue I got them confused with Anubis Gate who frankly bore me. These guys are tremendous! Bought all 3 albums at bandcamp and I'm really blown away.

I was delighted to interview the band, and present the new album on AiiRadio, on 27th May.
    The band are also closing the PROG THE CASTLE Festival in Heidelberg Castle, on May 9th, 2015.
    I thoroughly recommend all three of their albums.
    "There's someone in my head...but it's not me.."

The new album "Hitchhiking To Byzantium" is really excellent. Been listening to it for a a while now. The highlight is the 16 minute epic "A Room With A View". 2014 top 10 album for me.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Heard of this band a bit but never heard them. Having a bit of a listen to their new one now (The Second Hand) and it sounds pretty good I must say. Seems to channel a bit of Marillion, and also add a bit of Pineapple Thief and perhaps Anathema while managing to sound better to my ears than either of those last two, who I'm not that keen on though I know many are.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Heard of this band a bit but never heard them. Having a bit of a listen to their new one now (The Second Hand) and it sounds pretty good I must say. Seems to channel a bit of Marillion, and also add a bit of Pineapple Thief and perhaps Anathema while managing to sound better to my ears than either of those last two, who I'm not that keen on though I know many are.
    Listened to this some more and it's very good. Really like the vocalist. Anyone familiar enough with them to recommend another one? Maybe the previous release...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Listened to this some more and it's very good. Really like the vocalist. Anyone familiar enough with them to recommend another one? Maybe the previous release...
    All 3 of their previous releases are very good. I would start with their 1st album 230503, then their last one Hitchhiking to Byzantium. Tower of Silence, the 2nd album, is their highest rated one on PA, but probably my least favorite of the first 3. I'm just getting into the new one, and it sounds very good as well.