Thread: Ange - "Emile Jacotey Résurrection"

Ange - "Emile Jacotey Résurrection"

Jut noticed this new release today on PA. I didn't know of this! Hadn't seen it mentioned, so I don't know if I'm just out of the loop or what... is this a re-imagining of the original? Much longer for sure, with four more tracks.

1. Bêle, Bêle petite chèvre (5:34)
    2. Sur la trace des Fées (5:02)
    3. Le nain de Stanislas (4:58)
    4. Jour apres Jour (5:20)
    5. Innocents les mains sales (3:52)
    6. Gustave & Lucie (6:27)
    7. Le bouseux (3:54)
    8. Ego & Deus (4:28)
    9 .J'irai dormir plus loin que ton sommeil (5:04)
    10. Aurélia (3:13)
    11. Les Noces (8:22)
    12. Parallèles amoureuses (3:16)
    13. Le Marchand des Planètes (7:19)
    14. Ode à Emile (6:31)

Total Time 73:42
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Are many of the track times the same as on the original?

Emile Jacotey is the one album of the classic phase of the original Ange I never could get into.

I could also never get into the "New" Ange line ups studio albums. But all the live albums by this line up
    are over the top, and among the best Prog Rock albums around today.

So whatever this is, I'm hoping for a live album release of this stuff.

Original tracks and lenghths

1. Bêle, Bêle Petite Chèvre 3.50
    2. Sur la Trace des Fées 4.48
    3. Le Nain de Stanislas 5.45
    4. Jour Après Jour 3.09
    5. Ode à Emile Ego et Deus 3.03
    6. Ego et Deus 4.07
    7. J'irai dormir plus loin que ton Sommeil 4.11
    8. Aurealia 2.54
    9. Les Noces 6.28
    10. Le Marchand de Planètes 4.17

You can hear camples at amazon.fr. Sounds very different from the original arrangements!

OMG a new version of Sur La Trace Des Fees! Hang on, is this a new recording of the songs or a different remix of the originals?
    Check out my solo project prog band, Mutiny in Jonestown at https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/

Check out my solo project progressive doom metal band, WytchCrypt at https://wytchcrypt.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Emile Jacotey is the one album of the classic phase of the original Ange I never could get into.

I could also never get into the "New" Ange line ups studio albums. But all the live albums by this line up
    are over the top, and among the best Prog Rock albums around today.

So whatever this is, I'm hoping for a live album release of this stuff.
    Neither could I ever get into it, whether the original French-sung version or its English-sung companion... I though there was a live album consisting mainly of EJ

As for their 90's and 00's, I tried a few of them, but only Culinaire Lingus really struck ma as worthy digging in deeper (no pun intended on the album title)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    original French-sung version or its English-sung companion
    I know they did one for Par le fils de Mandrin, but didn't know about this one. My favourite of their albums.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Oreb View Post
    I know they did one for Par le fils de Mandrin, but didn't know about this one. My favourite of their albums.
    Oooooopsssssss, my bad (Alzheimer strikes again)

Sorry, indeed Mandrin was the two-version one...

I n either case, Mandrin or Jacotey, I find them both way too wordy ....

I stop at Délire
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Just noticed while ordering the new Gens De La Lune album that Francis Decamps recently revisited Caricatures too!

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Just for asking....for those of us in the U.S., is there a good/best vendor from whom these newer Ange releases can be acquired? I don't think my usual choices carry these...
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Just for asking....for those of us in the U.S., is there a good/best vendor from whom these newer Ange releases can be acquired? I don't think my usual choices carry these...
    I'd wager Greg @ Synphonic has them, he just takes ages to update his catalogs, so it's best to just e-mail and ask. He does carry a lot of Ange/Decamps, etc.

Thanks...I'll ping Greg and see what he's got. I rather like the latter-day Ange releases, but am now a couple behind methinks.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Neither could I ever get into it, whether the original French-sung version or its English-sung companion... I though there was a live album consisting mainly of EJ

As for their 90's and 00's, I tried a few of them, but only Culinaire Lingus really struck ma as worthy digging in deeper (no pun intended on the album title)
    I lapped that one up.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I lapped that one up.
    Tsk. Another tongue-in-cheek remark.

Those jokes are in bad taste, guys.

For some reason I ordered the first two Gens ... direct from the band. They must have had a good price.