Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: True Crime TV

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I'm assuming he's talking about If I Did It.
    Right..., hypothetically
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I'm assuming he's talking about If I Did It.
    who helped him write it? He's probably not smart or articulate enough to write a 200-page book. he's a legendary football player and a violent hot-head for Chrissake. from what I've been seen/heard from the media. does he go along with the theory that Phil Collins ruined Genesis?

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    I'm a huge fan of true crime, but rarely watch those shows anymore.

Tha cheezy drawn out dramatizions and endless commercials are too much to bare.

The most frightening of the lot were Killer Kids and I Survived.
    The cheesy dramatizations are part of the fun. Especially when the actors look NOTHING like the real people. For example, on Blood Relatives, when they had the Montemayor murder. They were showing David Montemayor as a tall, bearded and anatomically normal man...in actuality, he looked more like the guy on the Karma's a Bitch show and he had an arm amputated. Because most of the reenactments and dramatizations on ID are done in Australia, there is a lot lost in translation, so to speak-incorrect accents, incorrect geography of a place (in one, a woman staged a murder then made herself look like a victim of a crime-however, in the dramatization, the place was forested. in reality, the location was in a desert), etc.

The commercials are my biggest bitch on any of these channels, be it ID, Food Network, History 2...
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    nose, if you're willing to watch Rogers' brother's documentary, please do. I always thought Simpson did it until I saw this. maybe I was conned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ip1n2424oY

I had NO idea there were so many books about it. I'd pretty much forgotten about the whole thing until I watched "OJ, Trial of the Century" recently. which book are you talking about?
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...rds=oj+simpson
    Simpson did do it. The civil trial actually proved it because the Goldman's hired lawyers who did not get their degrees from the University of Phoenix and they found all sorts of things, such as photos of him wearing the shoes and footage of him wearing the gloves, both of which he said he never owned, and found patterns in his past behavior on how he disposed of evidence in robberies and a bunch of other evidence that the star struck minor league prosecutors failed to consider because THEY HAD DNA EVIDENCE ("OMG! We have DNA! Case closed!!!!!!!!!") and rushed the thing to trial.
    Last edited by Rune Blackwings; 06-21-2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: "We found a goat's DNA in the barn. Our killer is a goat."

Joe Kenda-another ID personality I like:
    https://www.youtube.com/show/homicidehunterltjoekenda

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    Joe Kenda-another ID personality I like:
    https://www.youtube.com/show/homicidehunterltjoekenda
    I love Homicide Hunter! they really should do more than 5 or 6 shows a season.

yeah-that they do 5 or 6 shows of kenda. Phelps is on every damn show

As much as I like Candice DeLong, I stopped watching Deadly Women. just got tired of it. Is her Facing Evil show getting another season? It could've been called Facing Lousy Liars.

the thing that got me with one of her interviews was a part where a woman whose son was threatened by a group of boys who showed up at the house. The mother shot one of them to death as they approached the house and did not stop when she told them to. The woman went to jail over it. DeLong made it sound like it was a bad thing that the woman shot him and that there are castle doctrine laws. I am sorry, but some gang threatens to kill my child and they are attempting to gain access to him by coming into the house, they are getting shot. And what gets me is the woman is sobbing her ass off and saying she meant to fire into the roof of the porch! Maybe I missed something, but I thought that was incredibly idiotic.

Do not get me wrong-I am not detouring down a second amendment path here. I find it perplexing that a profiler would seriously be shocked by a parent defending their child and act like it is some kind of sociopathic behavior. I am no psychologist expert, but I am under the presumption that most parents would have done precisely what this woman would have done and defended their child to the point of killing the potential threat or threats.

wife and i are in to it. we like city confidential type shows. our current fave is 48 hour mystery. last night there was a great episode of deathrow stories on cnn

Headline News runs Forensic Files late nights and weekends

I saw an ad for a show that starts Aug 14 @10 p.m. I couldn't go that far ahead in TWC listings to program it, but I think it's called I Did Something A Long Time Ago. I'm looking fwd to seeing it.

I'll look for it!

Despite my previous comment, I'm dvring Deadly Women. The first episode of the new season features the Borden murders in Fall River, MA. I've read 2 books on that and watched documentaries. Late in life, Lizzie supposedly told her nurse that she'd had "a boyfriend" do it. At this point I don't know how it could be solved. The anniversary is Aug 4th. btw, there is a message board that's all about that. http://lizzieandrewborden.com/LBForum/index.php
    Last edited by davis; 07-27-2014 at 01:46 PM.

Deadly Women is incredibly addicting.

For all the complaining my mom does about my shows, she was watching Forensic Files with me over the weekend btw. I drive her crazy because I point out everything wrong in Murder She Wrote, Matlock and Monk...

the thing that got me with one of her interviews was a part where a woman whose son was threatened by a group of boys who showed up at the house. The mother shot one of them to death as they approached the house and did not stop when she told them to. The woman went to jail over it. DeLong made it sound like it was a bad thing that the woman shot him and that there are castle doctrine laws. I am sorry, but some gang threatens to kill my child and they are attempting to gain access to him by coming into the house, they are getting shot. And what gets me is the woman is sobbing her ass off and saying she meant to fire into the roof of the porch! Maybe I missed something, but I thought that was incredibly idiotic.
    There are lots of things like that in these shows that seem designed to create controversy and generally piss viewers off just to increase ratings. It's one reason I can't stand to watch shows like "Cops". You have to watch police pull over car loads of young guys basically for driving a nice car and not being white and stuff like that.
    <sig out of order>

Deadly Women is incredibly addicting.

For all the complaining my mom does about my shows, she was watching Forensic Files with me over the weekend btw. I drive her crazy because I point out everything wrong in Murder She Wrote, Matlock and Monk...
    Anytime I see (on tV) a cop or PI handle evidence barehanded, I blurt out something about needing elimination fingerprints. There's a scene in the film Zodiac where a newspaper receives the first letter from the Zodiac killer. it gets passed around to several people and Mark Ruffalo says 'Is there anyone who DIDN'T touch this letter?" I was cringing when they were passing it around cause nobody had gloves on. so I don't know if nobody knew any better in the late 60's or if that's just Hollywood jazzing up the story.
    Last edited by davis; 08-02-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    There are lots of things like that in these shows that seem designed to create controversy and generally piss viewers off just to increase ratings. It's one reason I can't stand to watch shows like "Cops". You have to watch police pull over car loads of young guys basically for driving a nice car and not being white and stuff like that.
    That reminds me, about 20 years ago, a co-worker jokingly commented to a customer about me, saying 'Blond hair and blue eyes. The perfect human."

Watching the Lizzie Borden Deadly Women episode. Some real mysteries here:
    1. How much Botox has Candice DeLong had injected into her face?
    2. Phelps: "There's not a shred of blood..." How do you shred blood?

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    "Deadly Women" & "Scorned:Crimes of Passion" are the ones I regularly watch. I'm a fan of crime TV shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    Anytime I see (on tV) a cop of PI handle evidence barehanded, I blurt out something about needing elimination fingerprints. There's a scene in the film Zodiac where a newspaper receives the first letter from the Zodiac killer. it gets passed around to several people and Mark Ruffalo says 'Is there anyone who DIDN'T touch this letter?" I was cringing when they were passing it around cause nobody had gloves on. so I don't know if nobody knew any better in the late 60's or if that's just Hollywood jazzing up the story.
    A lot of times, it's Hollywood, although when you have a "celebrity" case, people lose control of themselves (see OJ Simpson trial). But most actual murder investigations take long periods of time (unless the murderers are exceptionally stupid) involving lots of boring laboratory and investigation work, with periods of nothing happening. Add to that the fascination of murderers, especially serial killers and the folklore that comes out of it and the undying desire of producers, directors, screenwriters and stars to add their political stances, social messages and other story and character "embellishments" and stuff that makes no absolute damn sense makes its way into "true crime stories". Even in the "dramatizations", the actors playing the people involved often look little or nothing like the real people.

Watching the Lizzie Borden Deadly Women episode. Some real mysteries here:
    1. How much Botox has Candice DeLong had injected into her face?
    2. Phelps: "There's not a shred of blood..." How do you shred blood?
    I have have no idea, but she has that "manikin" look now (like Dolly Parton/Joan Rivers). it's awful. if it happened THIS August 4th, the 'shreds' of evidence would be in the blood splatter. But to answer your question, if you freeze it, then you can shred it. I think.
    There's one book that claims that Emma came back home from where she was visiting and helped Lizzie with the murders, then left again. I think the old man fell into the position he was found in only after he'd been struck. He might've been attacked while standing or sitting up. The old "hatchet or axe in the face" trick. Another book claims Andrew's illegitimate son did it. The only thing I"m sure it was NOT was suicides.