Thread: Download Recommendations??

Download Recommendations??

I suddenly find myself heading to Download next weekend (something of a designated driver kind of deal). I wonder if folk could point out some (semi) interesting bands that I could check out. I don't now have time top go through the artisit list in any detail. Keep in mind I'm a prog fan and don't like really like metal (and really not Aerosmith). So far I have on my list; Status Quo (I'm actually a big fan); Anathema, Opeth and Joe Bonamassa. I would really appreciate the help.

I'd just go and enjoy it to be honest, there's a fair bit of metal in the line-up so go and see what you enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by tallliman View Post
    I'd just go and enjoy it to be honest, there's a fair bit of metal in the line-up so go and see what you enjoy!
    Yeah, I guess. I'm heading down with some super excited 17 & 18 year olds , so that should be nice anyway. Hmmm.

I'm only going on the Friday principally to see Within Temptation, however I'm also definitely going to check out Tax The Heat, Skindred, The Temperance Movement, Anathema, and Opeth.

Rob Zombie and Avenged Sevenfold also put on a good live show.

The only band I've not seen of the above is The Temperance Movement, who have recently just been announced as the support for The Rolling Stones in Europe, but their album is well worth a listen.