Thread: Rush in American Dad

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Rush in American Dad

Watched an episode of this last night that featured some of what I think was 2112 (maybe it was FTK or Hemispheres?), and a building shown a few times had the number 2112, so obviously some Rush fandom from the creators. But at the end of the show there was a longish air-guitar scene with a slow guitar solo - who was that doing that solo? Sounded somewhat familiar.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Watched an episode of this last night that featured some of what I think was 2112 (maybe it was FTK or Hemispheres?), and a building shown a few times had the number 2112, so obviously some Rush fandom from the creators. But at the end of the show there was a longish air-guitar scene with a slow guitar solo - who was that doing that solo? Sounded somewhat familiar.
    You think it was 2112? You think it was 2112? Are you a Rush fan? It definitely was the epic title track to Rush's breakout release. I was going to start a thread about this. I guess great minds think alike.
    Last edited by JIF; 11-20-2013 at 12:56 AM.

The slower piece at the end was a Joe Satriani tune from the Surfing With The Alien album...
    ...can't remember the title, though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
    The slower piece at the end was a Joe Satriani tune from the Surfing With The Alien album...
    Always With Me, Always With You.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
    Funny, I've never heard that album, and actually heard very little Satriani, but that's probably the album I would have have guessed the track was from. Thanks!