Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ILUVATAR "From the Silence" Now Streaming in Full with Pre-Sale

ILUVATAR "From the Silence" Now Streaming in Full with Pre-Sale

The brand new CD by ILUVATAR, From the Silence, their first album of all new material in over a decade, is now streaming in its entirety on the band's discography page at 10T Records.

You can read the full Press Release here.

All orders for physical CDs placed between now and next Friday will ship by end of next week in advance of the initial prog-market release of June 10. The official street date is July 15, after which it will be available at all the mainstream reseller outlets like iTunes, Amazon, etc.

In addition to the CD, it's also available for download in a variety of formats, including MP3, M4A, WAV, and FLAC here.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Steve
    www.10trecords.com
    Last edited by 10T Records; 06-17-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Right on time!

A welcome return. Listening right now to the streaming. Will be buying the MP3 version.

Huzzah!

Auto-buy!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Welcome back!

Bought the MP3 version and have to say that I really like it. I am looking forward to when 10T releases the back catalog by this band, who I will admit that while certainly hearing of them I had never owned anything from them before.
    As I said this new one is very good.

WOW, great news!! I'm glad to see Glenn on board, I thought I read a few years back that he wasn't in the band any longer and they were looking for a new vocalist.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    WOW, great news!! I'm glad to see Glenn on board, I thought I read a few years back that he wasn't in the band any longer and they were looking for a new vocalist.
    He hasn't been for a ride through the Yes mill yet.

Just listened to the stream and have downloaded the lossless version.

Physical CD for me. I still don't know what all those other options mean (lossless, FLAC, MP3, WAV, blahblahblah).
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Me too! I'm a 90 year old woman and I just want to use my money to purchase an Iluvatar Compact Disk.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Me too! I'm a 90 year old woman and I just want to use my money to purchase an Iluvatar Compact Disk.
    Make that a high fidelity, stereo compact disc, sonny!! You young whippersnappers and your confounded digital downloads!

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    I could be wrong on this, so don’t take this as gospel, but I think I remember someone telling me that this material was recorded before Glenn left the band. When they played ProgDay last, they had a new vocalist, but apparently he is not on this album. There are at least some members of the band that are members of this forum, so maybe they can shine more of a light on what the situation is.

^Yeah Steve I heard the same thing. I'm pretty sure based on what I heard(probably on here) that Glenn is on the latest album but no longer in the band. I see no reason why that information would be wrong.

^^ Yes, true. The new singer is Jeff Sirody . He joined up in 2012. I must say it is rather difficult to get a singer interested in trying out music they had never heard and are not being offered a paycheck . But this guy loved the existing tunes after giving them a listen. We played just 4 shows with him and he seems to have been well received. There are some raw vids on youtube from those gigs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb_ljnspxVk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OOtb8SE_jM

Quote Originally Posted by Prog_nosticator View Post
    ^^ Yes, true. The new singer is Jeff Sirody . He joined up in 2012. I must say it is rather difficult to get a singer interested in trying out music they had never heard and are not being offered a paycheck . But this guy loved the existing tunes after giving them a listen. We played just 4 shows with him and he seems to have been well received. There are some raw vids on youtube from those gigs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb_ljnspxVk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OOtb8SE_jM
    Yup, I was at the ProgDay show.

Jefferson James
    I'm new to Iluvatar, thanks to 10T for streaming the music, I'm digging it!

Banned
    I don't see any streaming link on that web page.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    I don't see any streaming link on that web page.
    If you are using PC/Mac browser, then you should see a "play" button icon to the left of each song title here:

http://10trecords.com/artists/genres...r/discography/

However, we only stream Flash audio for security reasons. Unfortunately, that file type is not supported by IOS. It's the same issue that prevents them playing Flash video on YouTube.

Steve
    www.10trecords.com
    Last edited by 10T Records; 06-17-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Great news. This was in the works for so long I've forgotten about it. Hope to maybe be able to catch a show if they come up to the Pennsylvania area.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    The band is a little too prolific for my wallet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 10T Records View Post
    If you are using PC/Mac browser, then you should see a "play" button icon to the left of each song title here:

http://10trecords.com/artists/genres...2/discography/

However, we only stream Flash audio for security reasons. Unfortunately, that file type is not supported by IOS. It's the same issue that prevents them playing Flash video on YouTube.

Steve
    www.10trecords.com
    Apple says:
    Symantec recently highlighted Flash for having one of the worst security records in 2009. We also know first hand that Flash is the number one reason Macs crash. We have been working with Adobe to fix these problems, but they have persisted for several years now. We don’t want to reduce the reliability and security of our iPhones, iPods and iPads by adding Flash.

In addition, Flash has not performed well on mobile devices. We have routinely asked Adobe to show us Flash performing well on a mobile device, any mobile device, for a few years now. We have never seen it. Adobe publicly said that Flash would ship on a smartphone in early 2009, then the second half of 2009, then the first half of 2010, and now they say the second half of 2010. We think it will eventually ship, but we’re glad we didn’t hold our breath. Who knows how it will perform?

Fourth, there’s battery life.

To achieve long battery life when playing video, mobile devices must decode the video in hardware; decoding it in software uses too much power. Many of the chips used in modern mobile devices contain a decoder called H.264 – an industry standard that is used in every Blu-ray DVD player and has been adopted by Apple, Google (YouTube), Vimeo, Netflix and many other companies.

Although Flash has recently added support for H.264, the video on almost all Flash websites currently requires an older generation decoder that is not implemented in mobile chips and must be run in software. The difference is striking: on an iPhone, for example, H.264 videos play for up to 10 hours, while videos decoded in software play for less than 5 hours before the battery is fully drained.

When websites re-encode their videos using H.264, they can offer them without using Flash at all. They play perfectly in browsers like Apple’s Safari and Google’s Chrome without any plugins whatsoever, and look great on iPhones, iPods and iPads.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post
    I'm new to Iluvatar, thanks to 10T for streaming the music, I'm digging it!
    Too early to rate the new one yet, but A Story Two Days Wide was good and Children even better. Check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Flash is the number one reason Macs crash

In addition, Flash has not performed well on mobile devices
    I'd be careful if I were you, Sherry Noland is very defensive in regard to Flash

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    I'd be careful if I were you, Sherry Noland is very defensive in regard to Flash

BG
    Truth is that flash is not supported by the mobile universe and is not secure because the need to execute code from a download. It can Trojaned in the receiving processor.