Thread: It's only my... burning....

It's only my... burning....

You know how it is: sometimes you're listening to a song that suddenly reminds you of another. Whjen that happens, in my case, this creates a special kind of anguish that forces me to stop listening the radio or whatever and then concentrate fully on trying to remember the name of the song partially remembered.
    In this case, its a song sung my a male, very melodic, with an elaborate chorus which ends, I think, with the words "It's only my (lost word) burning", sung as if it where a punchline in a joke.
    The missing word could be "heart" (it's only my heart burning", but I'm not sure. It's even possible that the last word is not 'burning", but something similar.
    I'm sure is not a song by a favorite artist of mine or anything like that, but probably a hit I used to hear lots of times, probably in the Seventies, and then forgotten, until the damn chorus woke up in my mind a few days ago.
    Any ideas?

Suspended
    What other song were you listening to when this song came into your mind?

Don't Let it Bring You Down by Neil Young?

Contains a line in the chorus "It's only Castles burning".

That's it! Neil Young, Castles Burning. It's funny, I like Neil Young, but never have owned his albums, so it was a question of hearing this and other of his songs casually, either on films or on the radio. What's also funny is that I was sublimally reminded of this song while listening to something completely different, an old Subject Esq. CD (the German seventies jazz-rock band), where maybe a melodic twist in one ot the songs triggered this remembrance.

Now I know where I heard it ecently: was watching by accident the movie American Beauty, where, from what I know read, a singer named Lennox sings a version at the end.

The version in American Beauty is pretty cool, imo.

Now I'll need to listen to my Subject Esq. CD!

Oh, sorry, I thought this was about that burning sensation down below. Now those Grand Funk loving babes will never pay me any attention.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Don't worrk, the Grand Funk babes still have that burning sensation. Ooo-oo that smell.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart