Thread: Il Sogno Del Marinaio (with Mike Watt)

Il Sogno Del Marinaio (with Mike Watt)

Has anyone heard Il Sogno Del Marinaio (with Mike Watt)? A concert by them was just announced for Oct. 1 at Blueberry Hill. Their name sounds like a progressive rock Italian band, but I had never heard of them. As it turns out, they are really from the US and feature bass player Mike Watt from the Minutemen and fIREHOSE. I've listened to a few samples on the web, and it sounds like they could be interesting. Some really nice bass playing. Here is one of their songs on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQtUOc5DqOg.

Quote Originally Posted by roylayer View Post
    Has anyone heard Il Sogno Del Marinaio (with Mike Watt)? A concert by them was just announced for Oct. 1 at Blueberry Hill. Their name sounds like a progressive rock Italian band, but I had never heard of them. As it turns out, they are really from the US and feature bass player Mike Watt from the Minutemen and fIREHOSE. I've listened to a few samples on the web, and it sounds like they could be interesting. Some really nice bass playing. Here is one of their songs on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQtUOc5DqOg.
    Hi Roy,
    I saw this in the RFT and was curious about it as well. Mike Watt generally gets involved in some interesting things, a few years back he put out an album called The Secondman's Middle Stand that features MW on bass and vocals with a drummer and Hammond B-3 organ - kind of has a fast and loose feel but the organ gives a bit of a proggy feel.
    Be warned - the album is a little grim but the music goes well with the lyrical content.

Maybe the Il Sogno Del Marinaio project might be a little more uplifting.

Hmmm. I'll just call this my bookmark as a Mike Watt fan and come back when I can explore more.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Thanks, progholio. I'm not crazy about the vocals, but it's always good to be exposed to something new.

Ouch. Forgot about this thread. Both projects sound excellent and have been wish listed. Does Watt have a website to buy directly from?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.