Thread: Italian Prog site?

chalkpie

Italian Prog site?

There used to be this great Italian prog website that listed albums that were on vinyl only - they had reviews and were separated into groups of about 25 or so. I can't seem to find it on a search?

Does anybody know if the plug was pulled for this site?

If so, a damn shame!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Is this what you're looking for:

http://www.italianprog.com/

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Is this what you're looking for:

http://www.italianprog.com/
    No - the one that I'm thinking of was fairly new (maybe only a few years old). It was really fantastic and opened the door for me for many unknown albums. The cat who made it may have even been a member here, although I don't remember.

I really think it's MIA.

chalkpie
    I do know for a fact that it was for titles that were on vinyl only.

The site you are looking for is closed. The site owner was to frustrated 'cause lack of Response to keep it up.

It was http://www.italianprogrock.com a site by a guy called Mats.

He wanted to close the site already a few years ago, but we (me and some guys from PA) could convince
    him to keep it up, at least for a while...

A big loss..
    Last edited by TheH; 05-25-2014 at 01:37 PM.

The site is saved by the wayback machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/200904200...nprogrock.com/

I remember the site - it was definitely a good one. He should do what I did with my CDRWL (and other sites) - and just move it to Blogger. It's free and the format works well for what he was trying to do. Then he can put stuff up whenever he feels like it. No hassles.

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    The site is saved by the wayback machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/200904200...nprogrock.com/
    You're a genius! A genius, I say!

Cheers mate.

^^

Thank you, but you will notice that the samples don't work anymore and the pics are gone too.

Stupid robot.txt!

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    I remember the site - it was definitely a good one. He should do what I did with my CDRWL (and other sites) - and just move it to Blogger. It's free and the format works well for what he was trying to do. Then he can put stuff up whenever he feels like it. No hassles.
    Hey Tom - how difficult would it be to get his old site material transferred to the Blogger site? Could you give him some advice/info if we contacted him and begged him to do it?

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    ^^

Thank you, but you will notice that the samples don't work anymore and the pics are gone too.

Stupid robot.txt!
    Yeah, I know, its missing a bunch of stuff - including the text on the styles too - but at least the reviews are there. I'm surprised this site didn't get a lot of traffic, especially from the Italian prog nuts, as it was one of the most detailed RPI sites out there.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Hey Tom - how difficult would it be to get his old site material transferred to the Blogger site? Could you give him some advice/info if we contacted him and begged him to do it?
    Hi Frank - I think it would be pretty easy actually, especially if he still has all his old photos on his hard drive. He just needs a Google account, and then go to www.blogger.com and it's pretty self-explanatory to setup a blog. You can point him to my blogs just as a sample. If he needs help, I'll be more than happy to walk him through the steps via conference call with a Web Connect session. Even internationally... I'm all setup to do that for free (it helps that I work for a phone company)

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    Hi Frank - I think it would be pretty easy actually, especially if he still has all his old photos on his hard drive. He just needs a Google account, and then go to www.blogger.com and it's pretty self-explanatory to setup a blog. You can point him to my blogs just as a sample. If he needs help, I'll be more than happy to walk him through the steps via conference call with a Web Connect session. Even internationally... I'm all setup to do that for free (it helps that I work for a phone company)
    Wow - that's great man - thanks!

Let me try to contact him and feel him out - maybe he'll be honored that us prog nerds are still interested in his old site...OR....maybe he'll tell me to go sit and spin