Thread: KIKAGAKU MOYO "Kikagaku Moyo" repress

KIKAGAKU MOYO "Kikagaku Moyo" repress

Due to popular demand, we just repressed of one of our instant sold-outs: KIKAGAKU MOYO's debut release. If you wonder how a geometrical pattern sounds, imagine an effortless floating sonic carpet, combining classic 60s folk and psych elements (especially in their more quiet parts where the sitar blends with flowing distorted guitars and audio effects), with a somewhat more heavy progressive feel in the tradition of the early 70s bands which flourished in their homeland (Flower Travelling Band and Love, Live, Life + One in particular). A sound that hovers lazily over the past and expands itself in order to reach today in a precise and energetic way. So timeless!

IMAG0224 [50%].jpg

The new pressing is limited to 500 copies total and comes in three different releases:

a. Special colour edition (100 copies): 22 € Black with splattered white vinyl + silk-screened cover

b. Special black edition (200 copies): 19 € Black vinyl + silk-screened cover

c. Regular colour edirion (200 copies): 19 € Black with splattered white vinyl + normal single cover

Release Date: 27 May 2014

Buy at our e-shop.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

.....and 5 years later there is a response

I just found out about this band a few days ago when a facebook friend posted they were coming to town, i was pretty much unaware but after checking out some yootoob footage i am very psyched, going to do my level best to catch them tonight.

Five years later I am able to state “great band”.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Five years later I am able to state “great band”.
    I concur, their live show was a bit short but fantastic, I predict these guys might be going places, maybe on the King Gizzard level. I highly, highly recommend the 2018 record Masana Temples, it sounds fantastic and does a great job capturing the energy of their live show.

I just discovered this band a few days ago and boy am I enjoying their music. Looks like they'll be embarking on a pretty big North American tour later this month:

https://www.kikagakumoyo.com/tour#/n...our-2019-fall/

no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

A few weeks ago i saw Masana Temples on Bandcamp, listened to some tracks and ordered the cd based on that.CD should arrive soon.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Masana Temples is fanatstic! They're a kiiler live band too! They tour the States pretty frequently, or at least they did.