Thread: Giger and Giger-ish album covers

Giger and Giger-ish album covers

KEYWORD: Biomechanical

Poisoned Electrick Head - The Big Eye Am

Link to 11 album covers by Giger http://noisecreep.com/hr-giger-album-covers/

Inside BSS

Celtic Frost

Sacrosanct

The one that everyone misses:

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    The one that everyone misses:

Not at all. Friggin' masterpiece deluxe, and without doubt the one to go the best with Giger's artwork. This is so completely beyond ELP (or any other "big six") that I'm glad to have discovered it later than those, allowing for me to be youthfully impressed by the "usual suspects" before having things set straight. VdGG-meets-Egg-through-GGiant-with-Magma. Phenomenal! I suppose much was due to Peter Scherer, their ace keysman/soon-to-be contemporary composer - and they had no guitarist or bass player.

"Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I meant, the one that everybody misses when they talk about Giger covers Like that link above...

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I meant, the one that everybody misses when they talk about Giger covers Like that link above...
    Definitely true, that. And prolly because the album remains an obscurity, also musically speaking - too angular and outright experimental for the majority of the casual "symph" crowd, although that's where it essentially belongs. I personally think Pictures was one of the last truly progressive "symphonic" rock records made. It would most likely have gone into complete oblivion had it not been for the sacred hand of Ken Golden back in '94.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I certainly would never have heard it if not for Laser's Edge. It's in my top 5 albums of all time...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
    It's a spoonerism
    Really? Whereas I've got a cuge hock!