Page 199 of 316 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 7893

Thread: Movies - where we can talk about movies

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    On Netflix?
    No...you can watch it on YT. That's what I did. Good quality. Check it out, Lou. I'm sure you'll appreciate it for what it is.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    No...you can watch it on YT. That's what I did. Good quality. Check it out, Lou. I'm sure you'll appreciate it for what it is.

Bloodsucking Bastards

Horror comedy that is like a cross between Student Bodies and The Office. A group of slacker friends work at a phone sales office.
    A new sales manager is brought in to help the struggling company, and happens to be a vampire. He then proceeds to start turning the
    rest of the staff into more productive employees. (and vampire) It's up to two salesmen,the hot HR gal, and a security guard to save the day.
    Had a real good time watching this one. Some laugh out loud dead pan humor at times. Recommended!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Thanks for the input! By 'modern element', do you mean jump-scares? Please tell me they don't employ that jarring, static thing that so many horror movies cheap out with these days.
    No. I can't explain it off the top of my head without seeing it. The best I could manage is to say by way of explanation is that it has a modern sensibility. Unfortunately, I can't think of an example. Sorry I'm not more helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Speaking of which, I have yet to look into this season. Any thoughts or opinions?
    Not from me. I've gotten addicted to reading, lately, so I'm behind on a lot of my shows.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I recently watched one of the best 'so-bad-it's-good' movies I've seen in a long time...The Greasy Strangler. The film is about...well, I'm not even sure Check out the trailer if you dare:

The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

I wouldn't mind seeing that.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I'm not sure what the fuck that was but it was fascinating.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

WTF?? Sign me up.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Damn that looks fun.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm in!
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Odd man out - definitely not for me!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    heh... Horror lost its appeal when I lost my virginity
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    heh... Horror lost its appeal when I lost my virginity
    It was that traumatic?

Yeah, that one doesn't tempt me at all.

I concur. Where's Leonard Pinth Garnell when he's needed?

LPG.jpg
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Just watched an excellent film called Remember with Christopher Plummer and Martin Landau. Drama/Mystery directed by Atom Egoyan and of course excellent acting. Highly recommended.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Just watched an excellent film called Remember with Christopher Plummer and Martin Landau. Drama/Mystery directed by Atom Egoyan and of course excellent acting. Highly recommended.
    Good one. Dean Norris was particularly good in a key support role.
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Quote Originally Posted by -=RTFR666=- View Post
    Good one. Dean Norris was particularly good in a key support role.
    Yes. I don't know how versatile he is, but what he does, he does very well. I like him.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Watched Million Dollar Babies this weekend. One of Clint's best director/actor roles. Hillary Swank was also fine.

The new film "Arrival" got a 100% positive rating from Rotten Tomatoes which is pretty high praise. Curious if anyone here has seen it yet?

what's the premise?
    sounds like one in my wheelhouse
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    what's the premise?
    sounds like one in my wheelhouse
    Widower with dementia sets out to find the Nazi who killed his family in WWII by traveling to four different places. More complicated than that, but that's it in a nutshell.

Saw Doctor Strange last night.

It gets way out there but not bad at all.

Parts of it didn't hold together for me ,but the acting and EFX were great.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    Saw Doctor Strange last night.

It gets way out there but not bad at all.

Parts of it didn't hold together for me ,but the acting and EFX were great.
    He's always been my favorite Super Hero...going to see it Friday during the day. I have not much in the way of expectations....But I will enjoy it, I'm sure.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Train To Busan.

Thoroughly enjoyed this. A pretty intense experience, but enjoyable.

Korean made Zombie movie, a little reminiscent of World War Z in its depiction of 'fast-moving' hordes of zombies, but as most of the action takes place on a moving train its far more claustrophobic and threatening.

The zombies themselves have a few interesting little quirks, enough to add something different to the level of threat to the passengers, and forcing them to think of inventive ways to escape them.

Its very well acted, has some nice, understated black humour and quite emotional in places.
    I only clicked on it because I thought it was going to be something more interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Mail View Post
    Train To Busan.

Thoroughly enjoyed this. A pretty intense experience, but enjoyable.

Korean made Zombie movie, a little reminiscent of World War Z in its depiction of 'fast-moving' hordes of zombies, but as most of the action takes place on a moving train its far more claustrophobic and threatening.

The zombies themselves have a few interesting little quirks, enough to add something different to the level of threat to the passengers, and forcing them to think of inventive ways to escape them.

Its very well acted, has some nice, understated black humour and quite emotional in places.
    Thanks for sharing this. Looks like something I should definitely see!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence