Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hackett coming to the west coast!

In Vancouver during Supper, power in the theatre cut out for three or four minutes. Once power was restored, they picked up from where they'd left off. With just the theatre emergency lights on during the outage, Steve came to the front apron of the stage and did about 20 solid pushups for the crowd.

Steve Hackett lived in Vancouver for a few months in his youth. Got me to thinking that if he'd stayed here, he wouldn't have been in Genesis. Maybe he would have been in Hackman Turner Overdrive instead.
    This from a local paper.-. But this city holds a special place in his heart, as he lived here briefly as an extremely happy child in the ’50s, when his family moved from England.
    “I was all set for a life in Vancouver,” Hackett explains from a tour stop in Boston, “and it was not to be. My parents became very homesick—my mother in particular. It has to be said that my mother has never really travelled in her life, and as a very young parent she emigrated—bit of a one-way ticket—then decided, ‘Oops, perhaps not.’ But the child’s-eye view is not the same as the adult. The child’s-eye view is ‘I’ve got sun, I’ve got beaches, I’ve got a dirt track out the back, which is my Wild West. This is magic!’

Chris Squire was suppose to live in Vancouver as a child too, but his mum backed out. He quipped that he and Hackett could have been in Rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Hey,

The vocalist is Nad Sylvan, who, before hooking up with Hackett, was best known as the lead singer for Agents of Mercy.
    Also, 'Unifaun', where he writes much of the material.