Thread: New Wizards of Winter - benefits the Wounded Warriors

New Wizards of Winter - benefits the Wounded Warriors

The band The Wizards of Winter have released a new song based on Victor Herbert's "March of the Toys" - it is a metal-infused arrangement that rocks, imho.

The song is called "March of the Metal Soldiers" and it is from their forthcoming new album. They are releasing this now in honor of Memorial Day and will be donating a portion of the proceeds from all sales of this track to the Wounded Warrior Project as their way of thanking all that have served . A worthy cause and cool video montage as well. I have seen reviews posted that compare it to an ELP-meets Metallica vibe and some that say it has a bit of a Trans-Siberian Orchestra vibe. Either way, its a cool tune. To purchase a copy, visit their website http://thewizardsofwinter.com

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'll bet Trans-Siberian Orchestra can't believe THEY didn't think of a metallic cheese version of this first!

Yeah, it has that TSO vibe - but great for those that like that stuff, especially considering how little new music TSO has been releasing lately. I like it a lot, and they are contributing proceeds to a great cause.

I'll have to give this a listen. Regardless of how it sounds, I love that they are giving to such a good cause. If I don't buy the music, I'll make sure to donate again to WWP.

There is a cool news story that tells the background and inspiration behind this new recording:

http://www.antimusic.com/news/14/May...f_Winter.shtml
    Last edited by Dan Roth; 05-26-2014 at 09:24 AM.