Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keneally, Bendian & Lunn

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Am I correct that this is a piece from the wonderful collaboration with Andy Partridge? Love me my "Wing Beat Fantastic".
    Yes it is! That is a great set of tunes. I have got to get around to some XTC.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    I have got to get around to some XTC.
    You do indeed! Check out "Oranges and Lemons" (I think Mike met Andy while XTC was recording it in Los Angeles and btw, he slyly planted two bars from one of the tunes on it in "Day of the Cow" from his debut, Hat) or "Nonsuch."

My flute teacher is a big XTC fan, so I loaned her Wingbeat and she loaned me a bunch of records. I still have them (she said I could hang onto them for awhile), so I likely have that record at home right now.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    Yes it is! That is a great set of tunes. I have got to get around to some XTC.

Wow, if you're new to XTC good for you, there is a lot to discover and it's all great.

One of the things I really liked about Mike's recent tour is I was really not expecting anything from Wing Beat album given the resumes of the Bendian & Lunn. What I had in mind was more of a free-form, titans of jazz/rock kind of jam fest (and there was plenty of that too) but the versions of I'm Raining Here Inside and Your House were rendered beautifully in this trio format.

Band crew and guest hosts 1.jpgBand crew and guest hosts 2.jpgKeneally band gang signs.jpg

Hanging with Mike, Doug Lunn, Gregg Bendian, Dave Roberts (guest host), Corey (van driver / merch guy), and the tour promoter.