Thread: The Black Keys - Worth Seeing?

The Black Keys - Worth Seeing?

The Black Keys…….I have the “Brothers” album and like it quite a bit. Have also liked some of the other stuff I have heard from them, although own no other albums. They are coming our local hockey arena a few months from now. Not sure how their stuff would work in a large venue like that, but am thinking about possibly going. Anyone here seen them and are they worth catching live?

They are going to be on David Letterman tonight I think and were on SNL over the weekend. They are good but I'm not overly familiar with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    They are going to be on David Letterman tonight I think and were on SNL over the weekend. They are good but I'm not overly familiar with them.
    Yes, they were on SNL over the weekend. They are pretty basic blues based rock, but I kind of dig what they do.

Yeah they are in the same ball park as the White Stripes but honestly I think the Black Keys are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Yeah they are in the same ball park as the White Stripes but honestly I think the Black Keys are better.
    I never got into the White Stripes at all (they used to play clubs here all the time before they got big), but have grown an appreciation for Jack White and his other various projects.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    The Black Keys…….I have the “Brothers” album and like it quite a bit. Have also liked some of the other stuff I have heard from them, although own no other albums. They are coming our local hockey arena a few months from now. Not sure how their stuff would work in a large venue like that, but am thinking about possibly going. Anyone here seen them and are they worth catching live?
    Hey Steve, i think i know your taste well enough - go see them, you'll dig'em. The only thing is you might be the oldest guy at the show but you'll get used to it pretty quick.

They were on Austin City Limits not too long back and were pretty good. A lot of their stuff sounds a bit samey to me, but if tickets were reasonable, I would go.

From New Album..Good Stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    Hey Steve, i think i know your taste well enough - go see them, you'll dig'em. The only thing is you might be the oldest guy at the show but you'll get used to it pretty quick.
    Ha, yea well it would not be the first time, and probably wont be the last.......

they didn't do anything for me on SNL last weekend, but that could well mean you guys might dig them.