Thread: THE TANGENT: New album "A Spark In the Aether"

THE TANGENT: New album "A Spark In the Aether"

From Andy Tillison's Facebook page just now: (with permission to freely share)

Here we go - Some BRAND NEW music from THE TANGENT so you have a chance of recognising it at the shows....this is a snippet from the title track of our album "A Spark In the Aether" due for release in early 2015. As yet it's just a demo of course... Details about pre-orders etc will be forthcoming AFTER the tour is finished. C'mon, get yerself a ticket if you live anywhere near these gigs! Meanwhile enjoy a song that is Up-BEAT, Optimistic and about as much like "Le Sacre" as a rocket booster engine.

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    From Andy Tillison's Facebook page just now: (with permission to freely share)

Here we go - Some BRAND NEW music from THE TANGENT so you have a chance of recognising it at the shows....this is a snippet from the title track of our album "A Spark In the Aether" due for release in early 2015. As yet it's just a demo of course... Details about pre-orders etc will be forthcoming AFTER the tour is finished. C'mon, get yerself a ticket if you live anywhere near these gigs! Meanwhile enjoy a song that is Up-BEAT, Optimistic and about as much like "Le Sacre" as a rocket booster engine.

Excellent, that's Andy's anthem from the new record. I heard it when i was recording with him earlier in the year, seriously talented fella and a top bloke.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Preorders have just started for this album and a separate project due this Fall from Andy. Details are on the website and in an email that went out yesterday.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow , I thought these two projects would generate some interest - maybe someone can post Sally's email. Apparently preorders have already been quite strong.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    A release date set yet?
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Honestly sounds like more of the same to me...

Le Sacre du Travail was one of Andy's strongest works, in my opinion. I liked the classical elements with the orchestra, although I understand him wanting to go back to the original Tangent sound. At any rate, I respect him as a very talented musician and composer, and will look forward to hearing this new music.

What makes me more excited, though, is his jazz rock project. Very cool sounding.

The Tangent = Must Buy

I'll be ordering this for sure. I really really hope there is a live document (CD or DVD) of The Tangent / Karmakanic hybrid tour (same musicians performing in both bands)
    That had the potential to be mind-blowing

I love The Tangent but for no reason they fell off my auto buy list after A Place In The Queue. They certainly have a sound of their own, distinct from TFK, Transatlantic, Karmakanic, etc in virtue of its very British flavour.
    Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    Honestly sounds like more of the same to me...
    "more of the same" from Tangent = autobuy. Love his work. Great band(s).

Autobuy for sure!!!
    The Prog Corner