Thread: Similarities between Kit Watkins and Dream Theater.

Similarities between Kit Watkins and Dream Theater.

I was listening to, "Spring 1980", from Kit Watkins(Labyrinth is a fantastic album by the way), and it dawned on me that the intro to, "A Change of Seasons", contained very similar melodic and harmonic devices as the Kit Watkins composition mentioned above. Being influenced by another artist is one thing, but I sense something more sinister at play. Maybe I'm off my rocker, but I implore you to compare.

And here I thought you were kidding. Kind of like saying I'm having trouble distinguishing between Avenged Sevenfold and Anthony Phillips.

But I wouldn't be surprised actually in this case.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    At one point back in the early 90s Jordan Rudess was slated to play keys for a Happy the Man reformation that never happened. So this doesn't surprise me that much.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    At one point back in the early 90s Jordan Rudess was slated to play keys for a Happy the Man reformation that never happened. So this doesn't surprise me that much.
    Never heard this story.. I know Kit was approached but didn't want to tour so they got Ken involved..

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Never heard this story.. I know Kit was approached but didn't want to tour so they got Ken involved..
    Jordan Mentioned it in an interview in Progression magazine back then - at the time of the interview it was supposed to happen (according to Jordan) but it never did.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Derek Sherinian was in DT for ACoS, not Jordan (yet). All those guys listened to prog in their formative days, so either way it's no stretch.