Thread: Some news for Museo rosenbach fans

Some news for Museo rosenbach fans

big18159.jpg

From btf.it

Museo Rosenbach resume their activity by proposing a "live in studio" version of Zarathustra, the album that introduced the band in the whole world. The three members of the historical group, Lupo Galifi, Giancarlo Golzi and Alberto Moreno recreat the sound of their first progressive experiences using four new members, Fabio Meggetto on keyboards, Sandro Libra and Max Borelli on guitars and Andy Borelli on bass. This accomplishment takes into account the approach that the Museo intend to stage in their upcoming concerts and reverse the traditional tracklist to emphasize, with a dynamic and emotional crescendo, the most appreciated features of the long suite which gave its name to the album from 1973.

From Blackwidow.it

IL TEMPIO DELLE CLESSIDRE - Live in Seoul DVD
    Recorded live in Seoul, Sowol Art Hall on October 8th, 2011 the complete concert including the whole Zarathustra live performance with Stefano Lupo Galifi, 2 hours of progressive music. out on Jan 2013.

track list:

PART 1
    Zarathustra - 19.14
    a) L'ultimo uomo - 3.57
    b) Il Re di ieri - 4.40
    c) Al di là del bene e del male - 2.42
    d) Superuomo - 6.30
    e) Il tempio delle clessidre - 2.45
    Degli uomini - 4.04
    Della natura - 8.32
    Dell'eterno ritorno - 6.16

PART 2
    Verso l'Alba
    Insolita parte di me
    La Stanza Nascosta
    Le due metà di una notte
    Danza Esoterica di Datura
    Faldistorum
    L'Attesa
    Il Centro Sottile

I hadn't seen this post from December, but while looking at the front page of italianprog.com for any interesting new releases, I saw reference to the "new" Museo Rosenbach album, "Zarathustra Live In Studio", done with a new line-up that includes three of the original members performing a reinterpretation of their first album. I found it available on amazon.com as an MP3 download (which isn't my first choice for purchasing music). But, it was very inexpensive (US$3.96). I've been listening to it today. It sounds a lot like the original (which might be good or bad depending on one's perspective), but with more prominent guitar (a bit too prominent at times for my taste). But, on my first listen, it's definitely interesting.

Missed this completely, the heads up on the Amazon deal is very much appreciated, no muss no fuss

Just had my first spin - totally legit effort

As true to the spirit of RPI as Locanda's Missing Fireflies was last year

Fantastic!

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Just had my second spin of this

Holy fuck this is good - Zarathustra is pretty highly rated record and I think if you like it you will love, (not like), this

For me to compare it in terms of quality to LDF is the highest praise I can bring but this is on that level

Going to have a third spin later on a drive to the country - I'm pretty well blown away

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

I'm also liking this more on subsequent listens. The prominent guitar work at the end of the title track is still a bit distracting for me, but otherwise this is a very interesting re-recording of a classic album. Zarathustra was one of the first Italian prog albums that I purchased when initially exploring beyond Banco and PFM about 25 years ago. Thanks to Doug Larson for turning me on to them back then.

This is 3.56 uk pounds on Amazon.co.uk, so I bought it. The CD was 14 pounds. There's a lot of interesting Italian stuff coming out, but it always seems to be very expensive and I don't like buying mp3s.

There's a new UT New Trolls album out as well, and a re-issue of 'Nightmare City' soundtrack by Stelvio Cipriani. That latter is very expensive on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbottle View Post
    This is 3.56 uk pounds on Amazon.co.uk, so I bought it. The CD was 14 pounds. There's a lot of interesting Italian stuff coming out, but it always seems to be very expensive and I don't like buying mp3s.

There's a new UT New Trolls album out as well, and a re-issue of 'Nightmare City' soundtrack by Stelvio Cipriani. That latter is very expensive on Amazon.
    Thanx for the head up on the UT album didn't notice that. Somehow the usual Italian prog dealers don't have it, and it is very expensive on Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Thanx for the head up on the UT album didn't notice that. Somehow the usual Italian prog dealers don't have it, and it is very expensive on Amazon

There are actually 3 New Trolls releases from the past year or so I don't have - two live and the new studio "Do UT Des"

I'm going to pony up for the MP-3's this weekend, I'll advise how I like them

The new Museo continues to amaze

BG

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    For anyone interested in Italian music, I'd say check out amazon.it. You might find some bargains there (though the shipping is kinda high)
    http://www.amazon.it/Zarathustra-Liv...0787195&sr=1-1
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Plumage View Post
    For anyone interested in Italian music, I'd say check out amazon.it. You might find some bargains there (though the shipping is kinda high)
    http://www.amazon.it/Zarathustra-Liv...0787195&sr=1-1
    Yes! Assolutamente! I've gotten some good stuff cheap over there. I've found shipping to be pretty reasonable, but I can't remember the details. It looks like prices have gone up a bit over the past several months, but they still have many Italian prog classics for 5-8 euros, and good deals on those cheapo boxes (The Le Orme 11 CD set was about 17 euros not long ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    There are actually 3 New Trolls releases from the past year or so I don't have - two live and the new studio "Do UT Des"

I'm going to pony up for the MP-3's this weekend, I'll advise how I like them

The new Museo continues to amaze

BG
    Had a few minutes this AM so I pulled the trigger on some (new) Trolls - UT New Trolls Live In Milano 2012, New Trolls Do UT Des 2013, and a double live Il Mito New Trolls Live (2012) which appears to have an excellent set list.

Cost me about 30 beans total, these are Amazon MP3's

Going to be an NT weekend

BG

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    Had a few minutes this AM so I pulled the trigger on some (new) Trolls - UT New Trolls Live In Milano 2012, New Trolls Do UT Des 2013, and a double live Il Mito New Trolls Live (2012) which appears to have an excellent set list.

Cost me about 30 beans total, these are Amazon MP3's

Going to be an NT weekend

BG
    I have the UT live one, it's nice 1 or 2 tracks sound like COLOSSEUM. Looking for a cheaper offer for Do UT Des, haven't seen the Mito offered at all (CD).

This New Trolls with all the UT, Mito and La Storia or Leggenda and so on are really confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post

This New Trolls with all the UT, Mito and La Storia or Leggenda and so on are really confusing.
    No kidding!

Really tempted to spin these but I want to save them for a proper listen

BG

Quote Originally Posted by dnieper View Post
    Yes! Assolutamente! I've gotten some good stuff cheap over there. I've found shipping to be pretty reasonable, but I can't remember the details. It looks like prices have gone up a bit over the past several months, but they still have many Italian prog classics for 5-8 euros, and good deals on those cheapo boxes (The Le Orme 11 CD set was about 17 euros not long ago).
    Probably because everyone knows that Le Orme 11 CD set sounds horrendous, and won't sell unless is dirt cheap.

Sweet