Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Cast and Premiere Date Set, No Sign of Jar-Jar Binks

Star Wars: Cast and Premiere Date Set, No Sign of Jar-Jar Binks

Warning: this link is so overloaded right now it could bring down half the Internet

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-e...announced.html

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Movie opens December 18, 2015 with that hack JJ Abrams still at the helm. On the other hand, given the travesty that was the Star Wars prequels (and the fucking Ewoks in VI), he's still a better choice than Lucas. In the cast photo Lawrence Kasdan is sitting in. So apparently Abrams has chosen to work with someone that can actually write a coherent plot (kiss my fat white ass Orci, Kurtzman, and Lindelof).
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Some things better stay dead

Someone on Metafilter posted and tweeted this:

Hype leads to excessive expectations; excessive expectations lead to fan rage; fan rage leads to suffering
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Highlighted images show Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher:

Cool shot, Gruno!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post

They've got poor Kenny Baker shoved into a shipping crate

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post

This same meeting, with additional JJ Abrams goodness:

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Ha hahahahahahaha

That was perfect.

Are they really getting Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker to act in their costumes again?

Baker is 80 years old I think (that how old Carrie looks on the picture above), the other two are about 70
    or close to it.

I would love to know what Mark and Carrie really think about that, those movies where their biggest
    success but also their biggest curse.

I hope they go more in the direction of the original movies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Are they really getting Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker to act in their costumes again?

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-e...announced.html

April 29th, Pinewood Studios, UK - Writer/Director/Producer J.J Abrams (top center right) at the cast read-through of Star Wars Episode VII at Pinewood Studios with (clockwise from right) Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Producer Bryan Burk, Lucasfilm President and Producer Kathleen Kennedy, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Adam Driver and Writer Lawrence Kasdan. Copyright and Photo Credit: David James.
    The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Some things better stay dead

Is that first photo Carrie Fisher? When did she get to be, like, 80?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Is that first photo Carrie Fisher? When did she get to be, like, 80?
    Yes she is! To be honest she normaly doesn't look that bad, everybody may have a bad day.

Anyone ever catch this Jake Lloyd interview?

Wow, this kid is messed up from doing Phantom Menace!

Nah, that guy was a pretty douchey interviewer.

Can't watch the interview here, but Lloyd was absolutely horrible in The Phantom Menace. But, it's not his fault at all, IMO. It's always amazed me that someone with the power and resources of George Lucas couldn't find a better child actor in what was probably his biggest production.

Keep in mind, by the time of the prequels Lucas was so interested in telling his supposed story with CGI and effects that his ability to direct actors had atrophied. There were statements that he wished he could have done an entire movie without actors. A friend of mine was close to one of the principal actors and there were a number of phone calls from Australia getting to the States in the middle of the night and every call was the same rant "this is horrible, he is the worst director I've ever worked with". Lloyd has done nothing noteworthy since but it was like George didn't even try to get anything out of him. Hell, when Samuel L Jackson comes off as flat in your film, you're not doing your job.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Those prequels all f'ing blow.

I wish this was something that was in production:

Have any of you viewed the Despecialized versions of the original trilogy?

If you detest the Special Editions and want to see the original films as they were presented in the theater, do yourselves a favor and view these prints. Amazing. Truly.

I can tell you, it brought a tear to my eye sitting in my living room and watching Star Wars: Despecialized. I was amazed at the clarity and I felt like I was back in Grauman's Chinese Theater in 1977 -- where I saw Star Wars for the 1st time.

Here is a great explanation:

George could have had Haley Joel Osment but at the end of the day apparently he got all fixated on Jake's eyes and he thought he could manufacture a performance. He thought wrong.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    I would have rather lived without the prequels, as corny as the others were
    Last edited by Rune Blackwings; 09-03-2015 at 01:05 PM. Reason: too much couscous
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Those prequels all f'ing blow.
    And suck.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    The original Star Wars was never a hallmark of great or even good acting, it was always the 'gee whiz' factor. I doubt I ever sit through any of those movies again. I liked them and all, but īts kind of a been-there-done-that for me. I'll wait for Episode VII to come out on BluRay.