Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Star Wars: Cast and Premiere Date Set, No Sign of Jar-Jar Binks

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Hey, look. It's the same colors as that blue and black dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Just to be clear, the new Star Wars films aren't reboots - they're a continuation of the existing story.
    ^ the premise driving the less-than-stellar reviews.

Turns out, it's basically a reboot.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Yes, Jedi was disappointing.

I think the reason why Star Wars was so beloved is that when it came out, people were guaranteed something they hadn't experienced in years, a swashbuckling, gee whiz adventure story with a happy ending. Thanks to Star Wars and Raiders, that became a prerequisite for movies until this day.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Yes, Jedi was disappointing.

I think the reason why Star Wars was so beloved is that when it came out, people were guaranteed something they hadn't experienced in years, a swashbuckling, gee whiz adventure story with a happy ending. Thanks to Star Wars and Raiders, that became a prerequisite for movies until this day.
    I will agree somewhat to that. Until the day i saw The Fellowship of the Ring. That was something far different.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    ^ the premise driving the less-than-stellar reviews.

Turns out, it's basically a reboot.
    Haven't seen any of these "less-than-stellar reviews." Every review I've seen has been positive, if not glowing.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I have friends who saw this movie (last night) and thought it was very well done. We will check it out over the next couple of weeks while the kids are on winter break - opening nights are "not for me", as movie theaters are crazy packed with noisy kids, loud snack eaters, fidgety people and general idiocy.

My wife is working all weekend so we're skipping opening night as well. We were big on opening nights for a while but we're too damn old for that now. I just have to keep my head down to avoid spoilers until Monday or Tuesday.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart