Thread: Glenn Hughes talks California Breed and lots of other stuff.

Glenn Hughes talks California Breed and lots of other stuff.

That was interesting. Glenn is a real inspiration. I kind of lost interest after the BCC meltdown. I haven't heard California Breed yet but anything Glenn touches is gold, in my opinion. I should poke around and see if they'll be gigging near me, since Jason lives down here (not sure waht part of Florida but I'd guess he's in the greater SoFla area). Good luck to this band.

Not bad. It's not BCC (and shouldn't be). Not sure this'll be an auto-buy. The kid on guitar suits this style of music but he's nowhere near as good as Joe Bonamasa (imo). I think it's best for Glenn to have a young, hungry, unknown guitarist than to have some well known, killer guitarist in the band.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Not bad. It's not BCC (and shouldn't be). Not sure this'll be an auto-buy. The kid on guitar suits this style of music but he's nowhere near as good as Joe Bonamasa (imo). I think it's best for Glenn to have a young, hungry, unknown guitarist than to have some well known, killer guitarist in the band.
    Totally agree with this. Almost *too much* talent in BCC--I often felt that Glenn and Joe were stepping on each other's toes, or, awkwardly getting out of each other's way. Nothing from BCC ever clicked with me like the two CB singles released so far have. Straight simple rock 'n roll with a killer riff in each song. I'll wait to stream the whole cd before purchasing but this could possibly be a "best of 2014" for me.

I often felt that Glenn and Joe were stepping on each other's toes, or, awkwardly getting out of each other's way
    I agree with that. A lot of ego between those two guys. But seriously, Joe Bonamasa, as great a guitar player as he is, really needs to bow down to Glenn Hughes. Glenn Hughes would devour Joe in terms of soul and talent. Don't get me wrong, Joey B is a monster, but Glenn kicks his ass all over the place when it comes to songwriting, musicianship, inspiration, and SOUL!.

I didn't see it getting much mention at the time of the demise of BCC,but I always felt that Derek's keyboards were never loud enough in the mix. I think that was all Kevin Shirley's fault as the engineer/producer. That band would have had so much more impact audio wise had we been able to actually hear what the hell he was doing. I think the dvd is the only place where they actually,almost got the mix balanced fairly. I may listen to CB on Spotify first before I plunk down my hard earned cash. Not wild about Andrew Watt's tone either.

I always felt that Derek's keyboards were never loud enough in the mix.
    I always felt that Derek's talent was wasted in BCC. Really, BCC was a power trio, the keys were an afterthought.

Hmm. For whatever reason, this ain't clickin' with me. It seems to be nothing outstanding, kinda rock-by-the-numbers. I think they need a more kickin' guitarist if they're gonna do this; sorry, kid. Too many overdubs, too predictable. I could hear the next chord before it got there. GH needs a songwriting partner. Oh, well.
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Bonham has now dropped out of California Breed in favor of playing with Sammy Hagar and Phil Collins. Queens Of The Stone Age drummer Joey Castillo has been named as his replacement :

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news...lifornia-breed