Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: End of AC/DC

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by klothos View Post
    For a 65-year-old person, thats a lifetime
    I've sometimes thought that prison sentences should be on some kind of sliding scale whereby older offenders, who would be expected to have fewer years left to live, should get shorter sentences. I've given up on the idea because I can't imagine how a satisfactory formula could be worked out.

Another way to look at things is to note that a 65-year old person sent to prison has already had 65 years of freedom - probably most of those years free of the nuisances that come with advncing age. A 20-year-old sent to prison for 10 years loses what should be the best years of their life. I eventually decided that the time should depend on the crime, not the age of the offender. Anything else would be opening a can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    ...and, being AC/DC, it's no good if things aren't ballsy. They seemed to have a thing about balls - they cop a mention in the lyrics of quite a few of their songs.

The one thing I did like about AC/DC is that they seemed to never take themselves or the business too seriously.

I like this characterization. Keith Richards said it best when he said, "AC/DC only play one song, but they do it well." I've never been a fan, as they never diversify their sound, but they filled a niche that was beloved by millions, and like Bob said, never seemed to take themselves too seriously, something I greatly value. I hate being preached to by rockers. While I won't personally miss them, millions of others who love good time, simple rock and roll certainly will.

Prayers go out to Malcom, who seems entirely too young to be suffering from the illnesses he has (Wiki said he was suffering from dementia at 61).
    Last edited by cavgator; 11-06-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Defo finnished now....the drummers been charged with MURDER!!!!!
    Not finished at all. The new album is already in the can and the world tour prep is already well under way. In fact 2015 is going to be a huge year for the band. Rudd has been replaced in the past (Simon Wright for 5 years and Chris Slade after that for 5 years), so the show will go on with or without Rudd.

Quote Originally Posted by cavgator View Post
    I like this characterization. Keith Richards said it best when he said, "AC/DC only play one song, but they do it well." I've never been a fan, as they never diversify their sound, but they filled a niche that was beloved by millions, and like Bob said, never seemed to take themselves too seriously, something I greatly value. I hate being preached to by rockers. While I won't personally miss them, millions of others who love good time, simple rock and roll certainly will.

Prayers go out to Malcom, who seems entirely too young to be suffering from the illnesses he has (Wiki said he was suffering from dementia at 61).
    Ya, I've heard the comment that AC/DC have been releasing the same album for 30 years I have all the Bon Scott albums and still spin them when the time is right...sometimes nothing besides Let There Be Rock or Whole Lotta Rosie will do the trick. Jumped off the wagon after Bon died, but I did see them back in '78 an an outdoor festival and they were great fun. Terribly tragic about Malcolm...I can't imagine someone only 7 yrs older than me having dementia...scares the s&*^ out of me.
    Check out my solo project prog band, Mutiny in Jonestown at https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/

Check out my solo project progressive doom metal band, WytchCrypt at https://wytchcrypt.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Suddenly, the shenanigans in Yes don't seem so dramatic anymore...
    Those shenanigans were boring and tiresome...THESE, well These are interesting! Christ, what a mess this knucklehead made for himself!

No great loss.