Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spiritual vs. Scientific Prog?

Quote Originally Posted by arise_shine View Post
    I prefer non-English lyrics, so I don't have to cringe at how cheesy they are.

If they must be in English, I prefer abstract, so I don't have to understand them in order to cringe at how cheesy they are.
    Interesting. There are some decent English-language lyricists. You find them all terrible?
    For that which is not,
    there is no coming into being
    and for that which is,
    there is no ceasing to be;
    yea of both of these the lookers into truth have seen an end.
    Bhagavad Gita

Quote Originally Posted by Bungalow Bill View Post
    Interesting. There are some decent English-language lyricists. You find them all terrible?
    wellllll... one man's "decent" is another man's crapola
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I like pretty much all prog lyrics

I've always had a hard time associating meaning with purely instrumental music, and while I have plenty of instrumental prog in my collection, I really prefer some lyrical content. I love the human voice whether used as a melodic instrument to disseminate meaning, as an excuse for growling and screaming, or just singing ahhs and ooohs in the background. My fave prog subgenre is French prog and I love running lyrics through google translate...it never ceases to amaze me that what I thought Christian Decamps was singing about in Ange rarely equals the actual translation...of course in his case it usually translates to something like "my penis was crying to the stars"
    Check out my solo project prog band, Mutiny in Jonestown at https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/

Check out my solo project progressive doom metal band, WytchCrypt at https://wytchcrypt.bandcamp.com/