Thread: Metallica's DIO medley "Ronnie Rising"

Metallica's DIO medley "Ronnie Rising"

Wow! Sounds great... these guys have always done terrific, high-energy covers. This one is taken from the recent Dio tribute album This Is Your Life.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

This is getting airplay here in Vegas. I'd probably say it was better than anything on the other Dio tribute album I have, which isn't a very good album. Old Raiinbow tunes getting played on the radio isn't a bad thing in my book. Doesn't happen often.

Not bad. James is no RJD but really who the hell can mimic that voice.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Not bad at all. I'm just wondering when Metallica will release a new album. Man, Death Magnetic was six years ago? That thing they did with Lou Reed doesn't really count as a new Metallica album (imo). I heard it was pretty awful. Last thing I bought by Metallica was the EP Beyond Magnetic, which I think is just killer.

I don't know about where youse guys live, but here this is getting massive airplay. I hear it(and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, for some reason) almost every time I turn the rock station on. The RHCP thig is just wierd timing, I'm sure, but the Dio medly gets played many times a day and is still getting played heavily.

I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

This is just perfect, the best metal medley ever! Though James just doesn't have the vocal range to pull it off. Btw, it's easy to play online with free spins where the odds are the best.
    Last edited by RickRichson; 05-25-2017 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Not bad at all. I'm just wondering when Metallica will release a new album. Man, Death Magnetic was six years ago?.
    says it all about METALLiCA’s current clout within the more discerning rock audience ;-)> “hardwired to self-destruct”, out since november. meh at best.

but this is the best i've heard from the band for (now) decades. which also says a lot. their hearts are probably still in the right place.

I obviously have to add IMHO here, but in a fair state they should have arrested them for this. It's beyond ridiculous, beyond atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by iguana View Post
    says it all about METALLiCA’s current clout within the more discerning rock audience ;-)> “hardwired to self-destruct”, out since november. meh at best.

but this is the best i've heard from the band for (now) decades. which also says a lot. their hearts are probably still in the right place.
    I've heard Hardwired described as "dad rock." .....

I like the new album, but I still think Death Magnetic and Beyond Magnetic (EP) are better. Metallica are now The Beatles of heavy metal in terms of mainstream popularity.