Thread: Goblin vs. Goblin: Competing tours?

Goblin vs. Goblin: Competing tours?

Claudio Simonetti's Goblin has just announced dates, while the other Goblin is touring in a few weeks.
    http://www.axs.com/events/249702/cla...goblin-tickets

Someone must know somefin'. ;-)

There was an article here in the Chicago Tribune last year that pretty much summed up that they don't like each other but it's a business. They sold out the Metro here, and I'm sure that got everyone thinking...$$$
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Please send that article link.

My god, it's Faust all over again
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Simonetti's Goblin is probably just Daemonia. Maybe since the rhythm section in "Goblin" during the first US tour last year was from Daemonia, they can now say they have "three former Goblin members."

As far as I can tell, the Goblin members who don't get along are Simonetti (keys) and Pignatelli (bass). It's hard to figure out exactly why, but I think it goes back a long way- Pignatelli initially wanted to keep doing soundtracks around the time of "Il Fantastico Viaggio del Bagarozzo Mark," while Simonetti wanted Goblin to become a regular band. I would suspect that the use of the name "Goblin" has been an issue many times as well- Pignatelli seems to have taken over the band after 1979 or so and called many projects "Goblin" that probably shouldn't have been, while Simonetti must have been tempted to call Daemonia "Goblin," but resisted (unitl now). I think Pignatelli is more on the jazz/funk side of things, while Simonetti is more into techno, so that might be an issue too.

Any other gigs besides SF? For me it's not Goblin without Simonetti.

Very good chance that I'll be at the Lawrence show...

CLAUDIO SIMONETTI'S GOBLIN
    USA TOUR 2014

DAWN OF THE DEAD - Soundtrack Live Performance
    July, 15 - New York - Irving Plaza
    July, 17 - Montreal - Le National
    July, 18 - Toronto - Virgin Mobile Mod Club
    July, 19 - Pontiac - The Crofoot Ballroom
    July, 21 - Lawrence - The Granada Theatre
    July, 22 - Denver - Bluebird Theater
    July, 24 - Los Angeles - Roxy Theatre
    July, 25 - San Francisco - Regency Ballroom
    May, 2 - Atlanta - The Masquerade

SUSPIRIA Soundtrack Live Performance
    May, 3 - Chicago - CIMM Festival
    May, 1 - Minneapolis - Skyway Theatre

If I was a promoter I'd book 'em both for the same night. Battle of the bands. Jam session after the last set.

Excellent. Claudio Simonetti's Goblin NORTH AMERICAN tour, is coming to Toronto on July 18th. Marked on the calendar.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    Maybe a Libra tour
    I like those albums...
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    I like those albums...
    Yup; very underrated - especially Musica é Parole.

As for Goblin, I'd like to know which incarnation I'm attending next Saturday here in Oslo .

First I'll be attending Arthur Brown supported by Tusmørke and Arabs In Aspic this upcoming Friday, though... It's great to be a "brainy rock" enthusiast in Norway nowadays.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Yup; very underrated - especially Musica é Parole.

As for Goblin, I'd like to know which incarnation I'm attending next Saturday here in Oslo .

First I'll be attending Arthur Brown supported by Tusmørke and Arabs In Aspic this upcoming Friday, though... It's great to be a "brainy rock" enthusiast in Norway nowadays.
    You will see Simonetti 's Goblin in Oslo.

Arthur Brown, Tusmørke, Arabs In Aspic sounds tasty. I envy you for both concerts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    You will see Simonetti 's Goblin in Oslo.
    I saw both Goblins last fall here in the states, and while I enjoyed both...for my money, the New Goblin lineup with Simonetti was tighter and a bit stronger live. The other (BackToTheGoblin) lineup was good, but felt a bit sloppier and less tight (main exception being Marangolo, who was exceptional on the skins).

The other epic tragedy...with Simonetti's Goblin you will be denied the unique opportunity to watch Morante's dancing daughter do interpretive dances for Zombi and other tunes.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    If I was a promoter I'd book 'em both for the same night. Battle of the bands. Jam session after the last set.
    Maybe they could get together for a Union album & tour.