Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    "Sub"? Are you saying that Little Nemo grew up to be Captain Nemo?
    Close, he grew up to be the Nautilus.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Okay, I'll blink...am I the only one who looked at the date and enjoyed a chuckle at this thread?
    It was meant as a serious question not as a joke.

If people are free to post any Prog Rock topic they choose to post, then what's the problem. It seems the Genesis crowd (and I'm one of them) just happens to be dedicated, vocal and prolific. I do cringe when I see the umpteenth "Is a Genesis Reunion Going to Happen" thread but I don't have to read them if I don't want to read them.

"New Posts" is the only way to travel, friends. Bam - there's all the new posts for you to choose from, regardless of sub-forum, eliminating any confusion. I scroll through the list and click on what I want to see, ignoring the stuff I don't care about. The only time I need to concern myself with a specific sub-forum is when I am posting a new thread.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I think each member of PE should have their own separate forum.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    It was meant as a serious question not as a joke.
    All righty then...you kids have fun with that.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    All righty then...you kids have fun with that.
    Well you seemed to get a laugh out of it!

I have been wondering what everyone thinks of Phil Collins taking over the front man/vocal duties from Peter Gabriel?
    Of course, not being of the daily persuasion in this opinion laden public prog bathhouse, my diatribe of recent lucubration is perhaps as welcome as a rats teat. One often is forced to weigh the desire to flash judgment within against the effort required as well as the value this knowledge will be to the greater good of all mankind or whatever inhabits the current spa. At best, its a slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Progressive View Post
    I have been wondering what everyone thinks of Phil Collins taking over the front man/vocal duties from Peter Gabriel?
    They couldn't have made a better decision, IMO. I don't think they lost a step and they certainly surprised a lot of people.

Didn't last very long, though.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

LOL, I really thought my post would end the pain.
    Of course, not being of the daily persuasion in this opinion laden public prog bathhouse, my diatribe of recent lucubration is perhaps as welcome as a rats teat. One often is forced to weigh the desire to flash judgment within against the effort required as well as the value this knowledge will be to the greater good of all mankind or whatever inhabits the current spa. At best, its a slippery slope.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic Progressive View Post
    Whaaa? When did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    "New Posts" is the only way to travel, friends. Bam - there's all the new posts for you to choose from, regardless of sub-forum, eliminating any confusion. I scroll through the list and click on what I want to see, ignoring the stuff I don't care about. The only time I need to concern myself with a specific sub-forum is when I am posting a new thread.
    Exactly.

I've never even clicked to the forums to read, only to start a new thread.

OMG! I just posted in a Genesis thread. This is a banner day!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Alright then...I'll reverse the logic...... How do you think Peter Gabriel will do now that he has returned to work with Genesis, replacing Collins?

I keep trying to imagine Gabriel singing "Invisible Touch" but I keep blacking out. I am going to stop trying and just go to the concerts and pass out with everyone else!

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I don't use the new posts function, I'm only interested in two or three of the forums anyway.

Suspended
    I believe this is what's termed "hijacking a thread".

A newbie could be forgiven for expecting a thread called "Genesis" to consist of discussion of the band of that name. A better title for the current thread would be "Techniques for browsing the Progressive Ears forum."

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    They couldn't have made a better decision, IMO. I don't think they lost a step and they certainly surprised a lot of people.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    I believe this is what's termed "hijacking a thread".

A newbie could be forgiven for expecting a thread called "Genesis" to consist of discussion of the band of that name. A better title for the current thread would be "Techniques for browsing the Progressive Ears forum."
    You'll soon learn that Genesis threads are a dime-a-dozen around here, and that going off-topic is a regular occurrence.

Since I missed it earlier, welcome to the board!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

Since I missed it earlier, welcome to the board!
    Ooh ta.

chalkpie
    Can we start a new forum dedicated exclusively to the meatball on Steve Howe's head?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    What is this exactly? Some bonehead just made compilations of sections of Genesis songs?

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I like the album cover. I wonder if that's the same artist who did Selling England. - And, Yes - stupid idea for an album.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I like the album cover. I wonder if that's the same artist who did Selling England.
    Yes, it is. Betty Swanwick. The title is "Flight of the Doves."
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Yes, it is. Betty Swanwick. The title is "Flight of the Doves."
    Cool. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I always browse by forum. I've never used the new post function.
    Well, I set the default page as my settings page (threads I participated in)... when that's over, I go cjeck two forum page (main and OT)

Occasionally I hit the new post to see if there are no other threads likely to pique my interest
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.