Thread: Does anyone remember YesStew?

Does anyone remember YesStew?

It was to be a tribute to Yes from Yesfans who played Yessongs. It never happened for unknown to this day reasons. Some 15 odd years ago I sent in my submission and much to my surprise it was accepted by those who decide these things. So, I have been wanting to share it with other Yesfans and finally did a through-the-air-bleed-over recording directly via the laptop mic. So, here is what I came up with and I would recommend getting out the headphones to hear it as intended. All 3 themes are from Fragile. South Side Of The Sunrise Roundabout. Take One. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C2gg72yxXk

Funny, because the title immediately made me think of Yes playing with Stew - the (originally) LA-based singer-songwriter who's a friend of Kerry Chicoine's. Which would be one hell of an interesting combination. Stew is a pretty solid acoustic guitarist, but his two other big abilities are like nothing Yes has ever had: He's a fantastic singer, but in a booming R&B bass-baritone absolutely unlike Anderson or any of his replacements. And he's so good a lyricist that a number of the Hip Critics consider him America's best songwriter. He's also a semi-closet prog fan, so it wouldn't be entirely impossible.

Well it's just me on a Fostex-X-30 Four Trak.