Page 46 of 120 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 3000

Thread: New YES CD "Heaven & Earth" due July 8 / U.S. Summer tour

Quote Originally Posted by Innerviews View Post
    There is no winning here. I cannot believe a comment embedded dozens of posts into a Facebook thread has taken on a life of its own around the web.

If you like "Believe Again," which I find unfathomable, this just might be the greatest album of all time for you.
    You find it unfathomable that someone could like a piece of music you hate? You must have led a very sheltered life...

If you like "Believe Again," which I find unfathomable, this just might be the greatest album of all time for you.
    I do like it, though I hope there are also louder and edgier tracks on the album. I find it just as unfathomable that anyone who likes Yes would hate the song as much as you seem to.

but first, the tranya........

There is no winning here. I cannot believe a comment embedded dozens of posts into a Facebook thread has taken on a life of its own around the web.

Aw, I was enjoying that thread on Facebook. Some people take it all too seriously.

If you don't want the CD, can you send it to me?

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    but first, the tranya........
    I'll take two glasses please!

Then....please beam me out!

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    I'm on the hook all ready for the Japanese version so I hope there is SOMETHING for me to like about H&E.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

For the record, I certainly don't luv all YES-music; who could? ;-)

The Net is good for some things and I have absolutely no interest in F.B., let alone reviews ahead of schedule of a released album I'm going to buy anyway. Samples of songs, forget it. I will wait to hear it all for the first time when it's mine. YES has put out a lot of crap/stinkers and there are certainly some YES-west crap I will never buy. That being said, I hope I'm a little surprised and that there are some good tidbits and hopefully a "good" song or two on the album. Is there really a YESfan that's going to be blown away with H&E? I certainly hope not. ;-) Again, it will be better than some of the YES catalog, that I'm positive of.
    Last edited by luvyesmusic; 06-11-2014 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    I do like it, though I hope there are also louder and edgier tracks on the album. I find it just as unfathomable that anyone who likes Yes would hate the song as much as you seem to.
    Seriously… I'm so sick of massive hyperbole about how "horrible" the album is. I like "Believe Again" quite a bit, so even if the rest of the album is "The Ladder"-level, it'll be okay with me. If people find it "unfathomable" that I already enjoy that one song, well, they can return to their sweet little ivory towers if they want.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    I like "Believe Again" quite a bit
    Where is everyone hearing this?!

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    I'm on the hook all ready for the Japanese version so I hope there is SOMETHING for me to like about H&E.
    Yes me too

It's really going to suck when this band finally ossifies (first) and then finally dies (well after that, apparently) . . . . . . . . all of this pre-release judgment and condemnation and hysteria is mmmooooooosssst entertaining! Just what I need after a difficult and stressful day at work. Cheers chaps!
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Neoman View Post
    Where is everyone hearing this?!
    It was up on Soundcloud without the band's permission before it was taken down, about three weeks ago, I think. And I couldn't help myself.

I know how we can get to the absolute bottom of the truth on this once and for all.

I know of one benchmark we ALL can agree upon.

Anil - how does the new album compare to… UNION?

(I apologize in advance for speaking that album name)

Is there seriously anyone here that will not buy it because of Anil's review? Personally,I decided a long time ago not to read anyone's review before I can hear it for myself because I don't want to harbor any prejudice toward it when I do my listening. So far I have kept to that.

For the record, I wasn't exactly bowled over by The Ladder on the first few listens. I thought Homeworld(The Ladder) was awful until I opened my mind and just gave it many listens.

Anil didn't exactly show his professionalism by posting his first day reviews on his personal Facebook page did he?

now, one can say that they two are separate entities, sure I can see that, but I wonder why he's got a link to his Facebook page on Innerviews very masthead if he does not want to conflate the two

by illustrating his initial reviews under a headline of 'Oh dear. Wish me luck' shows just a hint of bias as did his latter posts, esp one that read 'someone has to tell it like it is. I am sure that no-one from Yes will ever contact me again. Actually, I'm good with that.'

there's a sub-text of anger in all things Yes, isn't there?! a lot of these guys who seemed 'close to the flame' as Anil also said yesterday seem to show a latent hostility if not outrightly so; from Mike Tiano's Notes From the Edge Facebook page to Anil's posts yesterday

as a bystander and follower of rock journalism it disappoints. some writers like Lester Bangs do bias well. others, not so much
    Last edited by helix; 06-12-2014 at 08:07 AM.

YES interview - Jon Davison June 3rd 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVvV...utu.be&t=6m25s .

Don't think that's been posted here (apologies if it has been). It was linked here: http://somethingelsereviews.com/2014...s-yes-frontman .

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    Anil didn't exactly show his professionalism by posting his first day reviews on his personal Facebook page did he?

now, one can say that they two are separate entities, sure I can see that, but I wonder why he's got a link to his Facebook page on Innerviews very masthead if he does not want to conflate the two
    I don't really understand your point? How is a Facebook review unprofessional? And why is linking to it a problem?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by realprog View Post
    YES interview - Jon Davison June 3rd 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVvV...utu.be&t=6m25s .

Don't think that's been posted here (apologies if it has been). It was linked here: http://somethingelsereviews.com/2014...s-yes-frontman .
    The original interview and another with Howe, Downes and White together were initially posted to YouTube and here, http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/84744 . (SomethingElseReviews have just written their article about someone else's interview.)

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I don't really understand your point? How is a Facebook review unprofessional? And why is linking to it a problem?
    Ditto. Why is it unprofessional? He was sent a review copy; he reviewed it. That's how it goes.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Yeah, that review is just weirdly hostile. You'd think someone from Yes raped his sister.

If he finds it unfathomable that someone likes "Believe Again" I don't find it trustworthy at all. Will it be the best album ever? Probably not. But seeing as there was a post here that really liked "The Game" as well there's no way it's an "explosive turd". Hell, I found things to like from "Open Your Eyes".

And again, the "they should shut down" argument just pisses me off.

I think if it weren't Yes, it wouldn't merit this kind of vitriol from anyone. No one would call a Druckfarben album "an explosive turd." But it's what's called the tall poppy syndrome; the bigger they are, the more invested some people are in watching them fall.

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Ditto. Why is it unprofessional? He was sent a review copy; he reviewed it. That's how it goes.

Henry
    An argument might be made that as a professional reviewer, by posting comments that could be construed as hyperbolic or unprofessional, it would harm his professional reputation.

Personally, while I do think his comments would qualify as hyperbole, but I don't at all think it was out of line or some significant act of unprofessionalism. He said how he feels, and he feels it sucks greatly. Doesn't have any effect on how I'll enjoy the album.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

it's only 'unprofessional' if he claims bemusement at the legs it had! I mean, you post something (even if it is 'personal') as a journalist, delete your comments . . . and don't expect feedback on a forum like Facebook?!

in a now deleted post he said that he didn't understand that the rest of the internet would actually comment on it ('40 posts deep on a Facebook post' to paraphrase) asif he does't have a dedicated audience (note: he does)

come on!

I don't care if he likes the Yes product or not. that certainly his own right of course

I only mentioned the link from Innerviews's masthead to 'Anil Prasad - Facebook' because of his seemingly being unawares that the 2 meet. it's fine my me as I appreciate the linkage: Facebook let me interact with him in a way the main page doesn't. maybe he should change his username to 'Innerviews' and have a separate 'personal' page for his real friends etc. other entities to this. NFTE for example

look, i love what he does but yesterday just seemed a bit lame coming from someone I respect. and that really had nothing to do with the actual review (none withstanding what seemed to be some personal issues with the band and it's management)

I understand that not everyone is going to like the song oriented Yes. I also understand that anything under the sun is available for criticism via it's recording and production etc; this is where Anil's reputation and professionalism are held in high regard by a reader like me. he can have some insight into all of things. some will inform me, some may not

I just don't want to hear about the fucking politics of the band in every review and comment I read. he inserted a bit of that yesterday
    Last edited by helix; 06-12-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Just for saying...sometimes the harshest reviews end up being the most enjoyable reads. Some movie reviews are absolutely hilarious the more the reviewer disliked the film. It is FAR from uncommon to get creative with negative reviews. Egbert wrote some epic slams that still make me chuckle to this day. Now, one could argue that Anil could have been more creative in his comments, but I'm not so sure I want to open that can o' worms

It always sucks when all that creativity ends up directed toward something I personally like, but such is life. I haven't heard this new album yet so who knows if I'll agree with him or not.

So....purely IMHO, Anil should really have a pass on the hostility directed back toward him. Just my $0.02, you understand.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post

Henry

I'm not so sure that anyone in the publicity or management industry who sends out promo or review discs would appreciate one sentenced reviews from a journalist on their personal Facebook pages!

if this were a review on Innerviews proper there would be no reason for this conversation

_______

we always see the notion of Facebook being an unfortunate insight into the 'personal' lives of professionals. this happened just yesterday with a campaign manager in VA. just how it is