Page 24 of 120 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: New YES CD "Heaven & Earth" due July 8 / U.S. Summer tour

This is such a long thread that I might have missed it, but does anyone know what the bonus track on Japanese import of the new Yes CD is?

Jon

Not yet, no, Jon. It hasn't even been established if it will be a completely new and different track, or a live version, or a remix, etc.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by highaltitude View Post
    Yes,
    This is a fun kind of observation....
    And those three tracks add up to what, six minutes of the album?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    So....it sounds like it didn't work for you.

Making your fans work to buy your music is stupid idea.
    I was happy to buy both version.. and again had I found a copy with Ritual.. I would have bought that as well.. but you are right as I indicated.. the smart thing would have been to release a separate Live Masterworks.. I would have ended up spending even more $'s vs. buying them used for $8 a piece..

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    And those three tracks add up to what, six minutes of the album?
    Closer to 4 (3:53 actually)

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Hmm. I bought most of these 90s/00s Yes albums 2nd hand many years ago, among the collection was a Japanese 'Magnification'. This has a live 'Long Distance Runaround' put on the end, with an orchestra, I seem to recall.

On that particular album, 'Time Is Time' feels like a 'tacked on' bonus track anyway- it has a much dryer production and is just an acoustic track.
    Totally agree about Time Is Time. Chris plays fretless bass,A Warwick Corvette 4 and the sound as you say is really dull compared to the shimmer of the rest of Magnification.

I think Dreamtime should have been the album closer. I also was very disappointed that Yes didn't play Dreamtime live at the concert I attended.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    I saw Gentle Giant play a gig a few months after Interview was released where they didn't play a single track from the album. Admittedly, it was an opening act slot (for Yes, as it happens), so their set was shortened, but damn.
    When I saw Gentle Giant open for Yes they closed with I Lost My Head from Interview. Just like on Playing The Fool.

For any of you that are on facebook and wish to discuss Heaven & Earth after you have had the chance to listen to it,I have started a group there to do just that. Yes-Heaven & Earth/7/8/14. Please come on in and join us we are at just over 100 members and even though I set it up for approval by me to join,as soon as I see your request you're in. I work 40 hrs. a week so please be patient.

Apparently the album in the US has moved to the 22nd...on Amazon

Billy Sherwood has just finished mixing the album and after a few band recommended tweaks he will be sending it Major Applebaum for mastering.

Just saw Facebook update from Billy..
    Finished all the mixes for the new YES record... now I'm going to address a few minor tweaks the band members have (turn this up a bit or down etc...) and then it's off to mastering with my comrade Maor Appelbaum who will be doing the mastering. Love mixing music !! Anyone out there needing a professional mix (or anything production wise) send me a message, anything is possible !! Been sitting behind mixing desks for a long time now... as this pic will attest lol, that's me and Bruce Gowdy working on "World Trade" demos

Maor "Brickwall" Appelbaum

Fail ^

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

hahahaha Bruno is on a roll!!!!!!!!!

Definitely July 22 now in the U.S. Billy, you slowpoke! Nah, just kidding.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

yeselpkrimson
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Sampaio Barbosa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    Fail ^
    I miss the zebra stripes already.

i'm holding out until I hear it. I looked up Maor and his gear list is encouraging, using Manley, API, and Bryston, etc. Looks like he's done a lot of metal band records.

Let's see what happens.

A few words from Maor: http://www.mymusicmasterclass.com/pr...r-appelbaum-1/
    Last edited by timmy; 05-24-2014 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Sampaio Barbosa View Post
    I'm no Sherwood hater but this is funny . . . . . . . . . . .
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Agreed. And rather well-executed, too.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    i'm holding out until I hear it. I looked up Maor and his gear list is encouraging, using Manley, API, and Bryston, etc. Looks like he's done a lot of metal band records.

Let's see what happens.

A few words from Maor: http://www.mymusicmasterclass.com/pr...r-appelbaum-1/
    I was in error when I referred to him as Major. I had never seen Maor before.

My prediction is that Jon will do a far better job at replacing Jon on this CD, than Nicole Kidman did replacing Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha Stevens

I realize that's not setting the bar too high but still

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

This just in from Billy this morning via Facebook...
    Last day mixing YES !!! Going to be a fun session, all of the band will be on skype as we go through everything one last time !!

I don't get this. I wasn't involved in his PE skirmishes nor do I even remember what they were about so I've no problem with Billy, but first he's mixing vocals then suddenly he's doing the whole album. One hopes it doesn't end up as 'Open Your Eyes' redux.

And yeah, the cover is definitely funny.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    I don't get this. I wasn't involved in his PE skirmishes nor do I even remember what they were about so I've no problem with Billy, but first he's mixing vocals then suddenly he's doing the whole album. One hopes it doesn't end up as 'Open Your Eyes' redux.
    He was brought in to engineer (not mix) backing vocal sessions when the band were running out of studio time and doing multiple sessions in parallel. At that time, the plan was for Baker to mix the album, but something happened and Sherwood was then brought in to mix it.

I imagine such input won't make the album sound like Open Your Eyes, any more than Keys to Ascension 2 sounds like Open Your Eyes despite having Sherwood behind the mixing desk.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/