Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Bush live concerts in 2014? Nobody saw that coming ....

Something tells me that musicians are already lined up a half mile long to ask to be part of the band. Could you imagine getting a phone call, "Hi this is Kate Bush, would you like to be my guitarist for several shows this Fall?

Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Pleasant Farm View Post
    Something tells me that musicians are already lined up a half mile long to ask to be part of the band. Could you imagine getting a phone call, "Hi this is Kate Bush, would you like to be my guitarist for several shows this Fall?
    Something tells me those who will be part of this show already have gotten that call months ago.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Nothing - NOTHING! - will prevent me from being her Triangle player.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie B View Post
    The Ninth Wave that was released in 1985.

"It is about a woman who is lost at sea, but is rescued in the end. Months ago I thought that, as part of the show centres around this musical piece, it would hopefully make a dramatic shot."
    she's doing The Ninth Wave live?!
    I guess I can hope for the DVD
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    She looks fantastic! Grrr...
    Seriously??

Quote Originally Posted by firth5th View Post
    Seriously??
    She is 55 years old. Cut her some slack. If I am not mistaken, that picture is a few years old, but still, I have recently seen a video of her collecting an award a few months ago and she didn't look bad for a woman of her age. She certainly didn't look like the woman on the Hounds of Love cover either, but how many of us look like we did in 1985?

Ninth Wave live!!!!!!! Holy hell! How good is that? It's beyond good! This is epochal news indeed.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Quote Originally Posted by Patelena396 View Post
    She is 55 years old. Cut her some slack. If I am not mistaken, that picture is a few years old, but still, I have recently seen a video of her collecting an award a few months ago and she didn't look bad for a woman of her age. She certainly didn't look like the woman on the Hounds of Love cover either, but how many of us look like we did in 1985?
    Saying she looks "fantastic" I'd say is over the top.

The fact is, she got fat.

Saying she looks "fantastic" I'd say is over the top.

The fact is, she got fat.
    We all have so why single her out?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Whose "we"?

I'm not the one who brought up her looks. Gotta call bullshit when I see it. She in fact doesn't look fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I can think of at least two ProgDay regulars who will probably go see Kate. Me too. But I guess with 15 dates it's not a problem.
    Honestly, I don't think this will make an difference on ProgDay's attendance. Kate Bush is performing in London, ProgDay is in North Carolina ... if they were within a few hours, I might see a competition, but we're talking different parts of the world! As for me, if Kate Bush were performing in my back yard on ProgDay weekend, I'd still choose ProgDay.

She in fact doesn't look fantastic.
    whether someone looks fantastic or not is an opinion and has nothing to do with facts.

If someone thinks she looks fantastic, she does.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    if Kate Bush were performing in my back yard on ProgDay weekend, I'd still choose ProgDay.
    Kate Bush in my backyard (or any other place I could actually manage to get to) might be the only thing that could keep me away from ProgDay, but as I'll never have to make that choice...

Wow, can't let that bull shit slide by. Speak for yourself. Some of us do this thing called exercise, don't eat junk food (not saying you do), or just have lucky genetics. I know a lot of people who haven't gotten fat, even in to their 50's.

Having said that, regardless of how she looks, I would think people would be more interested that she is doing live shows.

neil

She's working out as we speak :-)

^^ Haha!

neil

Not sure why her looks are worth commenting on at all. She's one of the great singers of all time. That's what matters.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Wow, can't let that bull shit slide by. Speak for yourself.

neil
    Read my post again. I didn't say we are fat, but we all HAVE fat. I was playing on the way you can read "she got fat".

Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    Not sure why her looks are worth commenting on at all. She's one of the great singers of all time. That's what matters.
    I agree! She's an amazing and unique talent. I think she looks fine.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I can honestly say she looks beautiful to me. I don't really care about the extra weight. She was a beauty when she was young and still is to these eyes. More importantly, she a stellar musician, astounding creative and original.

I'm not really much of a Kate Bush fan, I think it's terribly unfair to criticize her for her weight. Totally uncool. If your going to criticize something, criticize her performance (that is, when it happens).

Poor Ann Wilson used to get a lot of flack about her weight.

Why isn't the same energy isn't spent discussing the weight of aging male proggers?

Oh yeah, there are too many to discuss.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Why isn't the same energy isn't spent discussing the weight of aging male proggers?

Oh yeah, there are too many to discuss.
    Just saw something about Greg Lakes largeness recently. I've seen posts about Gabriel's girth and Rotherys rotundness as well.
    Last edited by firth5th; 03-24-2014 at 10:58 PM.