Thread: Duke/Cobham Live '76

Duke/Cobham Live '76

Just ordered...Any Fans....

Hmmmm. If it were '75, I'd have jumped for joy (Doug Rauch playing bass). But, it's a pretty good album, nonetheless.

Ya, I'm a fan. I also have a recording of Rauch with them....but you're talking about the tour with Alphonso Johnson on bass and stick. Fun stuff.

There are a couple audios and one video on Dime. They all have Johnson on bass, some with horns and some just a four piece.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Like many albums that come up here in PE, I haven't heard it in decades. Though I never owned it, I do remember liking it when I heard it at a buddy's place. Among other things, it was the first time I'd ever heard John Scofield. So, I take it that it's available on CD?

a very fun album by two of the very best artists on their respective instruments.

I need to spin it again, but my recollection is joyful
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Are you guys talking about the album with Duke and Cobham's heads with some fingers sticking out of them (one of the worst album covers ever IMHO!)?

I believe that all comes from this Montreux show:

Love the whole thing! Even the Mustapha stuff and the girl from outer space... Too bad it isn't out as a double album...

I enjoy this album, but not as much as the albums that George was releasing on his own during this period. I love everything from the straight fusion of Faces In Reflection to the straight R&B of Follow the Rainbow. What a remarkable talent he was.