Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: A Passion Play / Chateau D'Isaster - Steven Wilson 5.1 mix to be released June 13

Other than it in 5.1, why do I need this...I have both albums???

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Other than it in 5.1, why do I need this...I have both albums???
    Complete Chateau D'Isaster (including "Sailor" and "Skating Away")

Autobuy for me. A Passion Play is my favorite Jethro Tull record, and the Chateau disaster tapes had great moments and some very good songs.

Looks like the release date has been pushed back to June 30 and the price is around $42 including shipping to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Dok View Post
    Looks like the release date has been pushed back to June 30 and the price is around $42 including shipping to the US.
    Or you could wait for Amazon.

chalkpie
    I used to spin "Law of the Bungle part 2" endlessly on repeat back in the day, such a massive tune.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I used to spin "Law of the Bungle part 2" endlessly on repeat back in the day, such a massive tune.
    Yeah, great tune! Always got a kick out of Martin's spoken intro too.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Dok View Post
    It finally showed up on Amazon as an import, $39.81 before shipping (plus tax if you live in NY or a few other select States).

Or you could order it from Amazon UK for a delivered price of $30.24 USD (as I did), the price could always go down from here until the 6-30 release date with the guaranteed lowest price thingie, too.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Yeah, great tune! Always got a kick out of Martin's spoken intro too.
    "when I feel romantic I like to dress up in men's clothing"

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    It finally showed up on Amazon as an import, $39.81 before shipping (plus tax if you live in NY or a few other select States).

Or you could order it from Amazon UK for a delivered price of $30.24 USD (as I did), the price could always go down from here until the 6-30 release date with the guaranteed lowest price thingie, too.
    I suspect that the US amazon will decrease in price before long, too. The thing to be concerned about in the UK is, if the DVD is PAL it will not play in our blu-ray players here in the US.

Count me in. Love both albums. Would be nice to get them renewed, with added track!

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    I suspect that the US amazon will decrease in price before long, too. The thing to be concerned about in the UK is, if the DVD is PAL it will not play in our blu-ray players here in the US.
    Good call, will have to confirm that.

Looks like it's the same size/setup of the Thick As A Brick box. Hopefully this one won't need replacement discs too!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Wow, that looks nice. Seeing as how I always say this is my favorite album of all time I suppose I should get this.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Wow, that looks nice. Seeing as how I always say this is my favorite album of all time I suppose I should get this.
    Gee, you and I have a few favs in common I think! My top 3 of all time are A Passion Play, Tales From Topographic Oceans and Anglagard's Hybris. Pretty sure two of those are in yours as well!

Allow me to reiterate that anyone who is a huge fan of A Passion Play and/or Thick As A Brick should most certainly have the recent book Inside Two Long Songs by Tim Smolko. Fantastic.

She's down over $10 on Amazon as of today ($29.79).

She's down over $10 on Amazon as of today ($29.79).
    Nice!

Thanks for the info. I just pre-ordered.

I hope that Wilson made the very end of APP more audible by bringing up that part in the (re)mix--when the whole band is shouting something in unison at the very conclusion--it always sounded to me like "Snakes! Cowards!" Maybe it will now all become clear what is being said ???
    "Wouldn't it be odd, if there really was a God, and he looked down on Earth and saw what we've done to her?" -- Adrian Belew ('Men In Helicopters')

Just a little over a week. Psyched!

Quote Originally Posted by syncopatico View Post
    I hope that Wilson made the very end of APP more audible by bringing up that part in the (re)mix--when the whole band is shouting something in unison at the very conclusion--it always sounded to me like "Snakes! Cowards!" Maybe it will now all become clear what is being said ???
    It's "Steve! Caroline!"

Quote Originally Posted by syncopatico View Post
    "Space. Place. Face. Halt. Block. Stop."

I like both albums. Ian has been dismissive of both - even the name of Chateau is self-denigrating - but they pioneered the album-long suite, taking rock down exciting new avenues which have been subsequently neglected. Ian's ludism leavens any impression of pomposity (although it doesn't go to the extent of a piss-take, as he claimed unconvincingly about TAAB). The disappointing lack of development of this genre makes these albums more valuable. It's rather nice though that Ian has reclaimed the genre to some extent with his latest two albums (as opposed to an embarrassed 'prog? not us...'), and the inclusion of part of APP in his live set.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Homburg View Post
    I like both albums. Ian has been dismissive of both - even the name of Chateau is self-denigrating - but they pioneered the album-long suite, taking rock down exciting new avenues which have been subsequently neglected. Ian's ludism leavens any impression of pomposity (although it doesn't go to the extent of a piss-take, as he claimed unconvincingly about TAAB). The disappointing lack of development of this genre makes these albums more valuable. It's rather nice though that Ian has reclaimed the genre to some extent with his latest two albums (as opposed to an embarrassed 'prog? not us...'), and the inclusion of part of APP in his live set.
    Good points! I agree with all you said there .

Just out of curiousity, could anyone present the difference between this release of the Chateau D'Isaster taples, and the one presented on Nightcap? Do I need both?
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Just out of curiousity, could anyone present the difference between this release of the Chateau D'Isaster taples, and the one presented on Nightcap? Do I need both?
    The version on Nightcap was incomplete, and re-assembled at the time by Ian. This one has what is alleged to be the 'complete' recordings (about twenty more minutes? I can't remember now), presented roughly in the running order that Ian had intended. It's also been remixed in stereo and 5.1.