Thread: Bernd "Nossi" Noske, R.I.P.

Bernd "Nossi" Noske, R.I.P.

"Dear fans and friends of Birth Control, Unfortunately I have to post a very, very sad message. On Tuesday, 02.18.2014, our drummer and singer Bernd "Nossi" Noske passed away! The funeral took place in silence in the circle of family. Who would like to support Nossi's widow with a donation can be sure that these will be thankfully accepted! Kornelia Sommerfeld-Noske, Zum Bäumchen 9, D-53809 Ruppichteroth, Germany After the burial the band will decide how it goes - or whether it ends here and now. However - we will preserve Nossi's memory in honor - he lives on in our hearts. [Eckhard Gallus - wallbreaker] REST IN PEACE brother Nossi - we miss you and won't forget you, that's for sure !!! [Haines, Sosho, Ludi, Hörmes, Moni & Wallbreaker]"
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Sorry to hear this. Rest in peace, Bernd "Nossi" Noske.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Wow, Birth Control is one of my favorite German bands. Can't really see them carrying on without him. This is sad. RIP Nossi!
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Damn! All my favourites are dropping like flies. Not just a fine drummer/percussionist, but one of the best/most underrated hard-rock vocalists out there. He will be missed.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

He was the soul of Birth Control. Loved his voice & drumming. I'm sure he will be jamming with Bruno Frenzel in that great gig in the sky.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

RIP

I really enjoy a number of those early Birth Control albums.

Sad news. I find the BC albums Rebirth and Increase especially endearing, and always will. RIP.
    "and what music unites, man should not take apart"-Helmut Koellen

The most important member of the band. They made some solid stuff for sure.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Bummer...he had a unique voice, really liked the Plastic People album. Kind of wonder which other records were among their best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bake 1 View Post
    Bummer...he had a unique voice, really liked the Plastic People album. Kind of wonder which other records were among their best.
    I like that one too, but it wasn't very representative of what they were initially up to. I'd try Operation for some seriously cool, jammy hard rock ala Golden Earring, BÖC etc.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

R.I.P.! The reaper takes a bitter harvest these days....

Stern Combo Meissen's keyboardist Thomas Kurzhals also left us..

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    R.I.P.! The reaper takes a bitter harvest these days....

Stern Combo Meissen's keyboardist Thomas Kurzhals also left us..
    That's really sad news. How is Reinhard Fißler?

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    That's really sad news. How is Reinhard Fißler?
    As far as I know he is in a very unstable condition but still alive.

As far as I know he is in a very unstable condition but still alive.
    I knew his condition was bad, as was said in what I think is the latest Stern Combo Meißen album.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I knew his condition was bad, as was said in what I think is the latest Stern Combo Meißen album.
    A short Moment with Reinhard on the trailer of the new DVD bei SCM shows it all.

A short Moment with Reinhard on the trailer of the new DVD bei SCM shows it all.

Looks good. Another one for my wishlist.

Bummer.... RIP for Noske
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Such a great voice.

Interesting also that Birth Control were one of the few bands who were still pulling it off. That Krautrock Meeting DVD that came out a few years back made clear that he was still capable of really delivering and had a band to match. Not sure the same could be said of some of the other acts.

Sad to read this. RIP Nossi
    Last edited by grego; 03-04-2014 at 09:20 AM.