Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do people continue to submit new reviews of 40-year old albums?

If you want great reviews of NEW Prog albums, you should look up Rafaella Berry. I think her blog is called Prog Mistress. She is an excellent writer and knows her stuff when it comes to Prog! I can't post a link with my phone here, so you will have to Google her. Tell her Melissa sent you! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnibee View Post
    If you want great reviews of NEW Prog albums, you should look up Rafaella Berry. I think her blog is called Prog Mistress. She is an excellent writer and knows her stuff when it comes to Prog! I can't post a link with my phone here, so you will have to Google her. Tell her Melissa sent you! :-)
    http://progmistress.com/

Tell her Melissa AND Ian sent you!

Ah yes the prog mistress rules!!

About reviewing older albums, I was moved enough by Tull's 'Benefit' album yesterday, that I wanted to write a review for it. And then I thought of this thread. But so many of those songs are so heartfelt and moody, 'Alive and Well...' 'For Michael Collins...' 'With You there to help me', 'Nothing To Say', etc... It's like I had this overflow of emotion that I needed to get out, by way of review. But I'll settle myself for this small post

P.S. Good to hear from you Melissa!

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    About reviewing older albums, I was moved enough by Tull's 'Benefit' album yesterday, that I wanted to write a review for it. And then I thought of this thread. But so many of those songs are so heartfelt and moody, 'Alive and Well...' 'For Michael Collins...' 'With You there to help me', 'Nothing To Say', etc... It's like I had this overflow of emotion that I needed to get out, by way of review. But I'll settle myself for this small post
    Oh dear. Don't let my silly gripe stop you! I was mostly thinking out loud with my initial post, and some of the responses in this thread have given me reason to re-think it! Review away, this shouldn't be taken too seriously.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Ah yes the prog mistress rules!!
    !
    I'm glad Raff finally found her spot and way to be happy in her passion...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Suspended
    It depends on context. If there are already several hundred reviews of the album in the place I am thinking of posting mine, I probably wouldn't bother. If there are not many reviews, and I think I have something to say that hasn't been said, then I might take the trouble.

Still, that's me. If someone else wants to add their voice to the multitude, I won't stress about it. All I ask is the the review reviews the product, rather than attacking other reviewers.

A discussion forum such as this one,of course, is a different kettle of fish. There isn't much point in having a forum if each person can't feel free to give their opinions on a product, even if there are already lots of other opinions.
    Last edited by bob_32_116; 03-27-2014 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Afterthought