Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Syn

Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    Big Sky is the other one.
    What about Trustworks?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nardelli View Post
    I didn't hear it, but those who did and posted about it on The Syn facebook page enjoyed it. Joe Whalen, the radio show producer and presenter posted two separate messages that are both complementary to The Syn, they are: 'It's a marvelous phenomena to recognize THE SYN's supreme relevance & YES's abject irrelevance in an age when we're all searching so desperately for meaningful music in a new century';
    !
    hahahahahahahaha, what nonsense, did you write that for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    I think most of us are busy. I certainly have many responsibilities in my career. And I have many responsibilities in my family life. When I can carve out time for my own interests I choose carefully. Prime for me is my listening time and my playing time. Choosing to spend some of my free time posting on the few fora that I visit is worthwhile as long as I can add something meaningful. Like many people here on PE and other music fora, I could choose to argue about relatively meaningless things, speculate about "what ifs", endlessly argue why only my opinion matters, insult people, and meander off-topic so that I could see my silly jokes and puns on the internet. But that is a waste of my time.

I like The Syn's music. I like Steve's voice. I have an emotional connection to several of The Syn's albums due to events in my personal life. I try to get the word out that his music is enjoyable. I sense that Steve is intelligent, is well-educated, and is open to constructive criticism. Most importantly, he contributes to this forum. Not many artists do that.

Is Steve perfect? No. None of us are. And he has admitted that on the record. I am on this planet for the music and to spread some goodwill with a few good deeds each day. I seem to recognize that same essence in Steve.

Call me a fan boy. Call me whatever you'd like. But do yourself a favor and listen to his stuff. The music is what matters.
    Is Gizmotron a real person , or just Steve in disguise? Are you Sideways at yesfans?

But On another note, yes, I actually like the first SYN album because of Chris Squire mostly but the Stacey bros are really great then I saw the band live with Chris and Alan.

And I like some of Trustworks. I admit to liking Steves voice as well, shtough some of the lyrics I find to be badly hypocritical knowing the history and nonsense.

I like that Something That I Said Featuring Moon Safari, nice track.
    Last edited by Yesola; 10-26-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    Big Sky is the other one.
    Trustworks is great - as good if not better than Syndestructible - I didn't really warm up to Big Sky either but it does have some nice songs.
    Trustworks on the other hand - all songs are fantastic with Moon Safari taking the songs to another level and Jonas' production adding his magic touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesola View Post
    hahahahahahahaha, what nonsense, did you write that for them?

Is Gizmotron a real person , or just Steve in disguise? Are you Sideways at yesfans?

But On another note, yes, I actually like the first SYN album because of Chris Squire mostly but the Stacey bros are really great then I saw the band live with Chris and Alan.

And I like some of Trustworks. I admit to liking Steves voice as well, shtough some of the lyrics I find to be badly hypocritical knowing the history and nonsense.

I like that Something That I Said Featuring Moon Safari, nice track.

I am really, really tired of this.
    Apparently your lack of tact matches your poor memory, Yesola. So that I do not waste any more of my time on this, perhaps you might simply click on this and refresh your...mind. If you cannot quite connect the dots, please look at the Avatars.
    http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.ph...The-Syn)/page2

I suggest that you consider the possibility that not everyone who speaks positively of an artist on a forum is in fact that artist masquerading as someone else.
    We all have much better things to do, don't we?

I am really, really tired of this.
    Apparently your lack of tact matches your poor memory, Yesola. So that I do not waste any more of my time on this, perhaps you might simply click on this and refresh your...mind. If you cannot quite connect the dots, please look at the Avatars.
    http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.ph...The-Syn)/page2

I suggest that you consider the possibility that not everyone who speaks positively of an artist on a forum is in fact that artist masquerading as someone else.
    We all have much better things to do, don't we?

Have I been informed before that you are not one and the same? I know who you are quite well over there, your posts are always good. If you used the same name here then perhaps I would know. That's the only way you know that I am who I am...use your ....mind perhaps.

I think I reacted quite well to you on that thread you mention. Lack of tact, ha, considering what we are dealing with here, ... ok right. Take it in context. read Henry's posts from way earlier in this thread.

My apologies, You will excuse me for being suspicious Steve did this a million times, even after being chastised for it, and I am not totally convinced that it doesn't happen anymore.
    Last edited by Yesola; 10-26-2016 at 04:26 PM.

Have I been informed before that you are not one and the same? I know who you are quite well over there, your posts are always good. If you used the same name here then perhaps I would know. That's the only way you know that I am who I am...use your ....mind perhaps.

I think I reacted quite well to you on that thread you mention. Lack of tact, ha, considering what we are dealing with here, ... ok right. Take it in context. read Henry's posts from way earlier in this thread.

My apologies, You will excuse me for being suspicious Steve did this a million times, even after being chastised for it, and I am not totally convinced that it doesn't happen anymore.
    I was about to answer your previous thread Yesola, but Gizmotron beat me to it. One thing I can tell you is I have never written a press release in my life and certainly not for a third party. Actually, I am not concerned by criticism if it is given genuinely and not agenda driven; I want people to listen to the songs and music I create, that's all a musician can ask for, and I always respect someone's opinion of them gratefully, good or bad.
    Last edited by Steve Nardelli; 10-26-2016 at 05:07 PM.

I I think I reacted quite well to you on that thread you mention. Lack of tact, ha, considering what we are dealing with here, ... ok right. Take it in context. read Henry's posts from way earlier in this thread.

Have I been informed before that you are not one and the same?
    >>>My sense is that no, you remain unconvinced. I guess the only real proof would be to get me, you, and Steve in the same room. I'd love to meet Steve and my sense is that you and I would probably get along. (As I believe I have told you sometime, I am an old Yonkers boy at heart. Hey, maybe if i told you about some of my old experiences there and in NYC you'd believe that I am not Steve.)

I know who you are quite well over there, your posts are always good.
    >>>Thank you; then you probably know that I dislike conflict and feel that the music of Yes should bring us together, not force us apart.

If you used the same name here then perhaps I would know. That's the only way you know that I am who I am...use your ....mind perhaps.
    >>>Like many people who visit multiple Fora, I choose to have a unique name on most of them. But I often use the same (or similar ) Avatars. I am on the Rickenbacker Resource site and there, we use our real, full names. Perhaps if all Fora did that some members would not be as inclined to be mean spirited.
    RE: "Mind." Well played, Sir. I am not completely immune to the baser instincts in us all. I am not too proud to admit that you DID get under my skin with your post. Not so much for calling me Steve but for your your "nonsense" comment directed at Steve. Make fun of me all that you want; please don't make fun of those I care about.

My apologies, You will excuse me for being suspicious Steve did this a million times, even after being chastised for it, and I am not totally convinced that it doesn't happen anymore.[/QUOTE]
    >>>Apology accepted. I do sense that you are sincere. As far as the suspicion that Steve posts under different names, I have no proof of that at all. I would think that if it happens and if that is important, than the Moderators on this or other Fora would know and would do something about it.

And lastly, my boss often jokes and says, "I have asked you a million times not to exaggerate."

Let's move on. Yes?

As far as the suspicion that Steve posts under different names, I have no proof of that at all. I would think that if it happens and if that is important, than the Moderators on this or other Fora would know and would do something about it.
    Moderators on two fora I know have confirmed that Nardelli repeatedly posted under fake, promotional accounts.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    Trustworks is great - as good if not better than Syndestructible - I didn't really warm up to Big Sky either but it does have some nice songs.
    Trustworks on the other hand - all songs are fantastic with Moon Safari taking the songs to another level and Jonas' production adding his magic touch.
    Thanks, I agree. I think Armistice Day is the acoustic reflection of Syndestructible and Big Sky the same for Trustworks. I think the new album I've just finished writing will be a completely new progression for The Syn and that is something I speak about in the radio interview with Joe Whalen on Monday.

Have I been informed before that you are not one and the same?
    >>>My sense is that no, you remain unconvinced. I guess the only real proof would be to get me, you, and Steve in the same room. I'd love to meet Steve and my sense is that you and I would probably get along. (As I believe I have told you sometime, I am an old Yonkers boy at heart. Hey, maybe if i told you about some of my old experiences there and in NYC you'd believe that I am not Steve.)

I know who you are quite well over there, your posts are always good.
    >>>Thank you; then you probably know that I dislike conflict and feel that the music of Yes should bring us together, not force us apart.

If you used the same name here then perhaps I would know. That's the only way you know that I am who I am...use your ....mind perhaps.
    >>>Like many people who visit multiple Fora, I choose to have a unique name on most of them. But I often use the same (or similar ) Avatars. I am on the Rickenbacker Resource site and there, we use our real, full names. Perhaps if all Fora did that some members would not be as inclined to be mean spirited.
    RE: "Mind." Well played, Sir. I am not completely immune to the baser instincts in us all. I am not too proud to admit that you DID get under my skin with your post. Not so much for calling me Steve but for your your "nonsense" comment directed at Steve. Make fun of me all that you want; please don't make fun of those I care about.

>>>Apology accepted. I do sense that you are sincere. As far as the suspicion that Steve posts under different names, I have no proof of that at all. I would think that if it happens and if that is important, than the Moderators on this or other Fora would know and would do something about it.

And lastly, my boss often jokes and says, "I have asked you a million times not to exaggerate."

Let's move on. Yes?

I do not believe you are Nardelli, especially since i know who you are elsewhere now. Yonkers eh? Pretty cool.

I was about to answer your previous thread Yesola, but Gizmotron beat me to it. One thing I can tell you is I have never written a press release in my life and certainly not for a third party. Actually, I am not concerned by criticism if it is given genuinely and not agenda driven; I want people to listen to the songs and music I create, that's all a musician can ask for, and I always respect someone's opinion of them gratefully, good or bad.
    I have no agenda, and was making a general statements, I know a handfull few people friends / acquaintances close to all of the activity of some years ago, I do not have fond memories...however it has nothing to do with me directly ... ....many statements attributed by the Syn are such exaggerations, it's comical, I am used to it now, and that may be the way you promote...so be it. I like some of the tracks off of of Trustworks.

I do not believe you are Nardelli, especially since i know who you are elsewhere now. Yonkers eh? Pretty cool.
    I moved to Yonkers in 1969. High school in New Rochelle. But one of my favorite things was going to Jones Beach in the summers--mostly for the sea and sand but also for the concerts on that cool barge that served as a stage...several of the shows I saw there ('78 if IRC) were Regina Carter/George Benson and Blue Oyster Cult. The latter was a heck of a show, especially because of their fireworks and laser show.

I have no agenda, and was making a general statements, I know a handfull few people friends / acquaintances close to all of the activity of some years ago, I do not have fond memories...however it has nothing to do with me directly ... ....many statements attributed by the Syn are such exaggerations, it's comical, I am used to it now, and that may be the way you promote...so be it. I like some of the tracks off of of Trustworks.
    I think press releases are issued to bring awareness, I don't think PR companies would get many clients if they were not complimentary about the product they were announcing. The independent reviews are a much better way to gauge an album, but the best way is to listen to it. I appreciate from your post that you have listened to Trustworks and I thank you for that and for expressing your opinion of it.

Jon Neudorf
    For sure will make my 'best of' list come December. Will be posted on SOT.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jlneudorf View Post
    For sure will make my 'best of' list come December. Will be posted on SOT.

Jon
    Great Jon, thanks! Excuse my not knowing, but what is SOT?

Jon Neudorf

Quote Originally Posted by jlneudorf View Post
    Of course, I should have known that but I'm not too good at recognising initials, I've only recently realised that LOL means lots of laughs., I always thought it meant lots of love. http://seaoftranquility.org/reviews....ntent&id=18711

Another unusual video created by Janet Lynne Mocarsky using a re-mastered Japanese version of Lucifer Hesitating from Trustworks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnKeeOrQwrg

If this thread is largely going to be Steve N. posting updates about Syn activity, perhaps, Admins, it should be moved to the "What's On, What's New" section?

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    If this thread is largely going to be Steve N. posting updates about Syn activity, perhaps, Admins, it should be moved to the "What's On, What's New" section?

Henry
    This is a thread a member started about The Syn, lots of people post here about the band and its members, including you Henry, as well as me. It's had over 40,000 views so there is plenty of interest.

I could continue to wax poetically at length about the album if that helps.

Thanks for the head's up on the video. I will probably check it out (even though I am not a fan of music videos) especially if this remastered version is different from the standard LP version.

I just now checked the reviews on Trustworks over on Amazon and there were some interesting comments. One fellow said he has listened 40 to 50 times. I am always intrigued with why some recordings that we like get played 10 to 15 times and why some recordings that we like end up in the 40 to 50 (or more) category. As a person with over 2000 CDs, naturally most of my CDs are in the 10 to 15 category. But there are dozens and dozens of CDs that I own that get played a lot. As a listener, I don't think I could generalize about why some end up in that heavy rotation category.

As a composer, what are your thoughts about this, Steve? I would imagine you do your best to achieve a result that people really resonate with. Are there some elements or hooks or strategies that you use to create music that people LOVE? Or, do you just follow the muse wherever it takes you and hope that people get pulled in? (As a writer of prose, that is the process that I follow...I write solely for myself and while I care about what others think, I don't shoot for fame and glory and write what I think people want to read...my only goals are to understand myself better through the writing and to create something that satisfies me.)

Steve is there a Japanese release version of Trustworks with bonus tracks? I know Moon Safari's Japan releases always have them. And this link on ebay seems to indicate there is one out there but it doesn't say what those bonus tracks are? Is this legit and if so can you tell us more about the bonus tracks.

Another one here - they both actually say bonus track (singular)
    Last edited by SRS; 11-11-2016 at 05:18 PM. Reason: added second link

Hi Gizmotron, I tend to build songs over a long period of time by developing lots of different musical and lyrical ideas and merging what I think are the best of them. I never write anything down so nothing is ever fixed until it is finally recorded, I suppose you could call it organic songwriting. I listen to all kinds of music and if I particularly like something or the artist, I will listen to it many times to unlock it, as you know many wonders of musical creation are not immediately obvious on a first couple of listens.

Hi SRS, Trustworks is released in Japan under licence to Marquee/Avalon and it is a different master from other countries although also mastered by Jeremy Carroll. They wanted a bonus track, but we didn't have time to record one, but we will on the next album. There is no bonus track.

Hi Gizmotron, I tend to build songs over a long period of time by developing lots of different musical and lyrical ideas and merging what I think are the best of them. I never write anything down so nothing is ever fixed until it is finally recorded, I suppose you could call it organic songwriting. I listen to all kinds of music and if I particularly like something or the artist, I will listen to it many times to unlock it, as you know many wonders of musical creation are not immediately obvious on a first couple of listens.
    Fascinating.
    Do you work on more than one track at a time? Or, do you only focus on one track at a time? Do you record a lot of different, possible tracks and weed out the non-working sections towards the end of the process, or, do you just keep all the possible options in your mind only and only record when you are sure of the route?
    Thanks for the insight!