Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is progressive rock progressive?

The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

A Mighty Wind

Quote Originally Posted by jupiter0rjapan View Post
    Ok, so your "logic" is that I opened this thread, which is proof that I am not sick of joke threads? Glad you know my mind and feelings better than me. I guess you are from the "you can only comment on things you like" camp?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    If Flash is playing in a forest and no one's listening, do they make a sound?
    Trick question. Sherry is always listening.

Is progressive rock progressive?? Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Holm-Lupo View Post
    Is Pink Floyd progressive rock or did Mike Portnoy ruin Genesis when Phil Collins quit Yes to become Neal Morse or are The Flower Kings less progressive after Steve Hackett left to pursue a career in King Crimson launched progressive rock but is In the Court of Future Past the first progressive rock album that ruined prog when Jon Anderson joined Opeth and betrayed progressive rock when Rick Wakeman sold his mellotron to Porcupine Tree to become a Tarkus is the best progressive rock album of all Time Honored Ghosts is good but is Barclay James Harvest really a progressive label or did they sell out when they signed The Scorpions were progressive rock when they were good but is it good to be progressive and is progressive rock really progressive when Änglagård is regressive or is it better to be repressive like Genesis really ruined progressive rock when Trevor Horn sang Hold On Your Lonely Hearts Club Band is really the first progressive rock album but is it any good?
    It's only progressive if it's a free download, otherwise there's not enough bass and it's illegal.

It's only progressive if there's a French sticker on the front that says Rock Progressif and it comes from a record label so leftfield you aren't sure which is the band name & which is the label name.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    C'est vrai, c'est une photographie d'un rocher

The OP is a hard act to fllow. I'll just say hats off to a witty parody.

Did we ever settle the question of whether the girl in the OP's avatar is wearing panties?

This is a pretty cool thread.
    flute juice

Plus De Cloche Du Vache, S'il vous plait.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Did we ever settle the question of whether the girl in the OP's avatar is wearing panties?
    I'm pretty sure she's not. You can do some further research at the photographer's web site:

http://www.brunodayan.com/

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Okay, I'll Rush into this thread because, in part, it beats going on a Moon Safari (no Oxygene). And, you can feel free to Cast me off into the Arena using a Glass Hammer. However, I'm hoping the Agents of PE Mercy allow me to be the Mastermind of my own post. rock can be hard to categorize unless you're from Planet X (where, no doubt they all don Spock's Beards). It Bites to have a low IQ when it comes to all things music. But, as a fan, I'm happy to avoid that Thinking Plague, and enjoy the Delirium induced by listening to Prog [oh, note to self - call the Karmakanic...(sorry 'bout that Tangent)]. At the end of the day, it Izz was it Izz, Etcetera, Et Cetera....

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiter0rjapan View Post
    You know, I get it. You are creating a parody thread of how silly discussions can be here, and how often the same can of progressive worms can be opened ad-nauseam. Yet, these "joke" threads have now become the new Freebird of this site, and annoy me far more than what they are making fun of.
    And, even though I read this thread, and enjoyed it (and POSTED !), I think PE would be better served with a few less of them. I tend to just ignore the threads whose titles suggest a parody of another thread. This one caught my eye for some reason, and I couldn't resist adding to the mayhem (sans miracles).

If you're not reading all these posts and laughing your ass off, Jacob, you should be!

I certainly am.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    Okay, I'll Rush into this thread because, in part, it beats going on a Moon Safari (no Oxygene). And, you can feel free to Cast me off into the Arena using a Glass Hammer. However, I'm hoping the Agents of PE Mercy allow me to be the Mastermind of my own post. rock can be hard to categorize unless you're from Planet X (where, no doubt they all don Spock's Beards). It Bites to have a low IQ when it comes to all things music. But, as a fan, I'm happy to avoid that Thinking Plague, and enjoy the Delirium induced by listening to Prog [oh, note to self - call the Karmakanic...(sorry 'bout that Tangent)]. At the end of the day, it Izz was it Izz, Etcetera, Et Cetera....
    Yes!

You have asked two questions. The answer to at least one of them is "no".

Yes, mr. Geezer - lovin' every minute of it!

I have the CD, I've looked really close, but it's (probably intentionally) difficult to tell.

I don't have a turntable, but I think I'll have to order the vinyl LP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    I don't have a turntable, but I think I'll have to order the vinyl LP.
    Above and beyond, brother. Above and beyond.

Panties are not progressive. They were in the 70s. Those days are gone. Camel didn't record 'Nude' for no reason

Did we ever settle the question of if it's a girl??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Did we ever settle the question of if it's a girl??
    That's what I'd like to know. I can't tell.