Thread: Perfect Beings - new band from Johannes Luley (Moth Vellum)

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar

Perfect Beings - new band from Johannes Luley (Moth Vellum)

And it's pretty stunning.

Not as perfect as Moth Vellum, but pretty darn close.

Thanks for the heads-up about this. Very promising. As nice as Tales from Sheepfather's Grove was, I was hoping for something more rocking and band-focused from him.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

http://www.progstreaming.com/_wb/pag...rfect%20Beings

As some of you probably expected. The whole thread is of course just spam

^ That being said a couple of weeks ago, and may it be partially true, together with Zuffanti and Dream The Electric Sleep this album will compete with my yearlist of 2014 no doubt. And we got two-third of 2014 yet to go!

Still I'm curious if more people took a chance listening to this album and care to share their opinion.

After seeing all the high ratings on PA, I gave it a shot. But, alas, it really didn't do much for me.

I got this a couple weeks ago and I'm a big Moth Vellum fan. However, this hasn't done anything for me either. I need a couple more listens though.
    I'm so thankful George brought the Moths to ROSfest so I had a chance to see them live. Was really great.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sunhillow View Post
    ^ That being said a couple of weeks ago, and may it be partially true, together with Zuffanti and Dream The Electric Sleep this album will compete with my yearlist of 2014 no doubt. And we got two-third of 2014 yet to go!

Still I'm curious if more people took a chance listening to this album and care to share their opinion.
    In agreement. I posted about the DTES album awhile back. Powerful and certainly not timid. Song construct and production is great. A Must hear.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Perfect Beings seems like it will be a winner for me. I just listened to the whole thing on Progstreaming at work. Very Beatles influenced. There are a few fiery passages that are totally Yes but that influence is otherwise kept to a minimum.

On the other hand, I tried DTES several times and just can't get into it. To each his own!

I've have the CD for about a month now and I am still enjoying it. Not Moth Vellum but very good in its own right. Bass lines are very melodic (and sounds very Rickenbacker!). The guitars are Yes-like here and there. Definitely some Yes-like sections in the music as mentioned above. I'm digging it.

I'm just listening now to this on Progstreaming (by chance) and holy crap, this is fantastic! The guitar is clearly often very Yes-influenced, but I also hear hints of XTC, Beatles, Steven Wilson-style multi-layered vocals, and much much more (Mew? It Bites?). There are beautiful moments, but nothing sticks on the first listen (which IMO is a very good sign). Must buy the CD.

PS: This is so much more interesting than - just for example - the latest Yes offering...

PPS: I've just bought the CD. This would be stellar in 5.1!
    Last edited by ombasan; 07-24-2014 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    I got this a couple weeks ago and I'm a big Moth Vellum fan. However, this hasn't done anything for me either. I need a couple more listens though.
    I liked the vocal harmonies I heard on Progstreaming, so I bought the physical CD. It's a great effort and same as above for me.
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

A very good album. The vocals are excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by ombasan View Post
    I'm just listening now to this on Progstreaming (by chance) and holy crap, this is fantastic! The guitar is clearly often very Yes-influenced, but I also hear hints of XTC, Beatles, Steven Wilson-style multi-layered vocals, and much much more (Mew? It Bites?). There are beautiful moments, but nothing sticks on the first listen (which IMO is a very good sign). Must buy the CD.

PS: This is so much more interesting than - just for example - the latest Yes offering...

PPS: I've just bought the CD. This would be stellar in 5.1!
    Glad to see the album is still picking up fans, though it's the second time Progstreaming streams this (Johannes Luley asked me to do so, because of the so-called 'Official European Release' and hence more publicity, plus a great videoclip): )