Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: King's X: Where to begin?

Quote Originally Posted by Oreb View Post
    The other issue, for me anyway, is that one of their best hard-pop tunes, 'Goldilox' is completely sung by the crowd. I know they love their singalongs in the UK, and I'm sure it was great to be there, but crowd-sung versions don't make for good listening. Marillion have at least one live album out where the same thing happens with 'Easter'.
    I live for that stuff. Not a fan of just any band doing that, but those two know why their fans are there.

Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    I love The Jelly Jam. The first one is great, the second is better (and sonically off the hook) and the 3rd one has an 11 minute Rod tour-de-time-bend of a song called Ten. And Ty told me himself when I interviewed him last year that there IS a 4th one and there WILL be some live dates....
    See you next month, Greg? Passing up another chance to see The Fixx for this.

If I can find a job, you'll definitely see me....

Not to derail but i only recently found out about these guys -

A very worthwhile side project, Dug sounds fantastic as ever and stylistically the band sounds very similar to King's X.

If I can find a job, you'll definitely see me....
    I'll be thinking good thoughts then. It will be great to catch up.

NYC or Havana in New Hope? There's (thankfully) no curfew in NYC, unless the Teamsters say there is.

Quote Originally Posted by ytserush View Post
    I'll be thinking good thoughts then. It will be great to catch up.

NYC or Havana in New Hope? There's (thankfully) no curfew in NYC, unless the Teamsters say there is.
    New Hope.

Unfortunately, things being as they are it's more of a financial and logistical hassle to just GET into the City these days.

I'll dig up some extra cash should a new album from one of my favorite bands find its way into my hands on that particular evening.

LOL! It would IF it were done - but it's not. We're still finishing tracking (almost all done, though) after which we'll begin mixing. Still a while off I'm afraid.
    New Hope.

Unfortunately, things being as they are it's more of a financial and logistical hassle to just GET into the City these days.

I'll dig up some extra cash should a new album from one of my favorite bands find its way into my hands on that particular evening.

LOL! It would IF it were done - but it's not. We're still finishing tracking (almost all done, though) after which we'll begin mixing. Still a while off I'm afraid.
    Ouch! Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm really glad I haven't missed anything. Thought I had. Do we have a Pinnacle thread here?

Not since 2012 . Kerry started one called "I Know (It's Only 27:57 But I Like It!)" about the four part epic that opened A Blueprint For Chaos.

Ouch! Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm really glad I haven't missed anything. Thought I had. Do we have a Pinnacle thread here?

Not at all. And hey, if you want to start one, be my guest! There may be no more longtime fan of our little combo here than you.

Not since 2012 . Kerry started one called "I Know (It's Only 27:57 But I Like It!)" about the four part epic that opened A Blueprint For Chaos.
    I'll locate that one then. Have to apologize being a no show.( I was really looking forward to getting together again.) Had some car trouble on the way back from Roger Waters (new guy a mechanic forgot to tighten some screws and a few struts few off of one car while the break line blew on the other on the way to Havana's on Saturday. All good now though. Also missed Stickmen in the fallout. Sigh.