Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GENESIS - SNOWBOUND

Banned
    Snowbound has some nice acoustic guitar on it. Too bad Mike and Tony didn't do 12-string harmonies on that song, like Ant and Mike and Steve and Mike did in the old days. Btw(to the poster that wished that Genesis would've developed some of the songs on ATTWT more), I remember saying the reissues interview for this album that band was going to make Burning Rop longer, but then it would have been another One For The Vine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    I'm with those who didn't like the album when it first came out but have come to appreciate it. It didn't feel like a Genesis album to me. But it beats the $#!T out of what was to come.
    I agree with you...the album has grown on me over the past couple of years- I will say this, as a fan of the band for over 30 years, the one album that gets the least amount of airplay when I listen to their catalogue is "Duke"... aside from a few highlights (Dukes Travels/Dukes End, Behind the Lines, and Turn it on Again/Misunderstanding)

... Duke.... for me is a forgettable and drab slow album, and my least favorite Genesis album in their entire catalogue.
    Bryan B.
    Host, "The Aisle of Plenty"
    The Best in Progressive Rock from the past 40 years
    Saturdays, 6AM-8AM Eastern
    classxradio.com

Encore Broadcasts
    Fridays 4PM-6PM Eastern, DeliciousAgony.com
    Saturdays 8PM-10PM Eastern, CrossStreetRadio.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    In retrospect, I'd have wished every post-W&W album they'd made since was as "good" (sort of speak) as ATTWT and Duke. were...
    Sadly this plunged with Abacrap... Shapes had side A pretty good (on the level of Duke and ATTWT), but sadly the flipside was even worse than Invisible or Abacrap
    Abacrap, Shats, and Invisible Turds, all fall in the same category for me. Calling All Replacements for Phil was better but boring, could have been an album by Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Abacrap, Shats, and Invisible Turds, all fall in the same category for me. Calling All Replacements for Phil was better but boring, could have been an album by Toto.
    I Can't Crap.

The Way We Walk, Vol. I: The Shits?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Banned
    Oh yeh the only G spot album I never bought.

Quote Originally Posted by arise_shine View Post
    LOOK.

THERE'S A SNOWMAN.
    Yeah, that about sums the tune for me. Otherwise it would be alright!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Calling All Replacements for Phil was better but boring, could have been an album by Toto.
    Check your hearing, dude. Calling All Stations sounds nothing like Toto. Songs like In Too Deep and Hold On To My Heart could have passed for Toto ballads.

Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    Yeah, that about sums the tune for me. Otherwise it would be alright!
    At least it's better than saying "oh pretty mama" in a song. Or, "go west, young man".