Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fav US tv dramas of recent years

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    IMDB says: A streetwise hustler is pulled into a compelling conspiracy after witnessing the suicide of a girl who looks just like her.

That's the first ten minutes of episode one. Then everything spirals and spirals as more clones are revealed, the conspiracy is far deeper than they suspect, we wonder who is pulling whose strings, the bodies pile up, the stakes get higher and higher. Nudity and violence, not one to watch with the kids around to spoil your enjoyment of the aforementioned. Great acting, tight writing, actual credible science fiction with resounding human applications.

Edit: found a better description on Amazon. I need to order this DVD so I can watch with subtitles.

Sarah is a streetwise outsider, currently on the run from a bad relationship and painfully separated from her own daughter. When an eerily lookalike stranger commits a shocking suicide right in front of her, Sarah sees a potential solution to all her problems by assuming the dead woman’s identity and clearing out her bank account. But instead, she stumbles headlong into a kaleidoscopic thriller mystery, and soon uncovers an earth-shattering secret: she is a clone. As Sarah searches for answers, she soon learns there are more like her out there, genetically identical individuals, nurtured in wildly different circumstances. And someone is trying to kill them off, one by one.
    Thnaks for that. Wow! Sounds a bit sci-fi.

Yesterday I watched the first 2 Eps of Season 1 of Person of Interest. Love it. I'm hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Oh don't recommend Firefly. The OP will just get to "Objects in Space", realize there aren't any more, and then spend the rest of their life venting about it on the Internet.
    Yeah, but it's so worth it just to see Jaynestown. One of the funniest episodes of anything, ever.

I'm down with Orphan Black, also. Tatiana is a brilliant actress to play all those characters.

Interesting to see Buffy fans here. I always figure I'm the only person who dug that show. Maybe a little too much as I've got almost a dozen books, fiction and non, about Buffy and a few on other Whedon shows, Angel and Firefly to boot. I picked up both seasons of Dollhouse for Christmas last year, watched them both in two sittings and really dug it much more than when it was on. The two Epitaphs episodes are favorites of mine and really gave the story the proper ending it deserved. Scary sci-fi that's scary without monsters or aliens, pretty cool IMO.

Special mention goes out to Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog. While not a tv series and a comedy to boot(deal with it) it's still way cool and at only 45 minutes, a quick watch. Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion are both awesome, both playing idiots of the finest caliber.

Dude, I have more Buffy books than you can shake a stick at, probably something like 25 different academic books, all the novels, magazines, figurines, hundreds of reprinted articlecs both scholarly and popular, you name it. My office at work has a Buffy poster on its door, and figurines of Tara and Willow on the shelf (along with other figurines of Trinity from The Matrix, Harlequin, and, yes, Jimi Hendrix!). I know many of the scholars who write all that academically dense textual stuff, which can be found at slayageonline.com, and the more fan-based stuff at slayerlit.us, as well as at whedonesque.com, where I am very nearly banned for not loving Joss Whedon enough, as if. I'm a major Willow and Tara fan. I am admittedly quite sick!!

I could not get into Angel, though. Firefly was wonderful, Dollhouse very troubling to me. I watched it, but did not invest and it did not move me. And Marvel Agents of SHIELD is just not up to the normal Whedon snuff. But Buffy is in my opinion the best show ever put on TV, and the episode The Body the single greatest hour of TV ever broadcast.

Here the girls, from The Body:

I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

I love Alysson Hannigan in the American Pie movies,she's hilarious. The Blacklist is awesome. Can't wait for the final season of Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire is a masterpiece. Game Of Thrones is a huge favorite. Don't have Netflix so haven't seen House Of Cards yet. It's about Congress yes?

Joss Whedon has said that there is no force on earth as powerful as Alyson Hannigan's tears.

Currently hooked on S6 Sons of Anarchy, S1 Warehouse 13, and S1 Person of Interest.

Was there ever a S2 of Orange is the New Black?

S2 of OITNB begins in March.

Anyone here familiar with a show called "Banshee" on Cinimax? My dad keeps raving about it, but I have never heard of it.

Wow! Thanks Dana.

Steve- correction. It is now June. Sorry about that!