Thread: Brett Kull, Paul Ramsey & Tiras Buck - Songs for Parked Cars

Brett Kull, Paul Ramsey & Tiras Buck - Songs for Parked Cars

Brett Kull supplies guitars and Paul Ramsey does drums for Tiras Buck - Songs For Parked Cars:

http://www.brettkull.com/#!What-the-...9-99FBC6917192
    echolynfan

Romans 8:28: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Here's a little more info:

Singer/Songwriter Tiras Buck is punching you square in the quivering jib with his immediately accessible, pseudo-progressive, emotionally emphatic, modern-yet-surprisingly-under-compressed Art-Rock that borrows, quite obviously, from the symphonic depths trolled, drawn and bottled in the golden age of musical excess, the 1970's (but without all the excess)! Oh, and it's important to note that each song is kind of..potentially...a little bit like....a harmony-laden, melodic psychological breakdown. The performances ask a lot of Tiras so he, in turn, gives a lot. As in...sacrifices a lot. Things like sanity and sleep for example. Moving right along....

With the instrumental assistance of boundary-pushing, artistic-rock luminaries Brett Kull (guitars/ bass) and Paul Ramsey (drums/ hugs)- both highly regarded members of the legendary ensemble, Echolyn- Tiras Buck attempts to reject the transitory, focus the pain and ride the crest of swelling stagnation until it ejects less combative, sticky dream-stuff through the pores of....well, whatever speakers you happen to have available to you. Oh, and his stuff tends to rocks the heck out so make sure the aforementioned speakers are fastened securely by at least 15-75 pieces of duct tape. Actually, to be safe...I'd go with 80.

With comparisons ranging from Yes to U2, we find Tiras Buck swiveling in the beginnings of his very own second half, struggling to excise the few remaining, yet aggressively tenacious moorings coursing with enough youthful disdain to potentially unmake his dream. Want to know what that sounds like? Want to know what the struggle sounds like? Want to know what that sounds like in 3/4 (because 95% of his songs just happen to be in 3/4)? Yes? Good, because there's an album out there positively brimming with it.
    echolynfan

Romans 8:28: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

I am not a parked car and subsequently will not be purchasing this. I will tell all my parked car friends about it though.