Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Prog fans hyping prog bands

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Trust me. Modding here is nothing compared to working with Ritchie Blackmore (in terms of difficulty.)
    When did you work with Richie Blackmore?

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    When did you work with Richie Blackmore?
    I was tape op for the 'Rainbow Rising' album.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I was tape op for the 'Rainbow Rising' album.
    Wow, you are serious.

Anyway, he just seems like a guy who has to do things his way and not much of a team player. I suppose you would agree with that? Or do you think he's just a jerk? I've heard some stories. Apparently Steve Nardelli from the Syn is like that too but then again I guess we could make a rather long list of control freak rock stars couldn't we?

If there is one band I tried to hype it's the Dutch band Anomaly. Alas it didn't help.

Back when I first got onto internet boards I'd always encounter some fans who felt they needed to own, ingest, appreciate certain bands/subgenres in order to be accepted by the prog illuminati. They'd constantly be asking what should I buy/listen to/appreciate to be one of you. Fools....
    Yeah I picked up on that early on. When I was a prog noob I learnt pretty quickly that the last thing I needed was some snooty, condescending prognerd telling me what I should be listening to. I guess if you're a young buck (a teenager or early twentysomething) that seeks out guidance then it's fine to listen to what more experienced listeners have to recommend.