Thread: Pop up ads

Pop up ads

All of a sudden I'm getting pop up video ads on PE! Am I alone(meaning there is some malware issue) or is this a new thing on PE?

Do you not have an adblocker for your browser? This is a must, IMO.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I don't get any ads on Progressive Ears, period. Video or otherwise.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I'm using the latest firefox and I've wondered if they've sold out to the advertisers as I'm plagued by popups that adblocker doesn't block...

I'm using Safari and have no pop-ups showing up on PE.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Mine is clean
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

You almost certainly have Malware on your machine that is popping up ads on its own, regardless of what sites you're visiting. Download AdAware, Malwarebytes and Spybot if you haven't already and get to work...

All of a sudden I'm getting pop up video ads

The words video ads has turned green and if I slide my cursor over it, up pops a small ad with a button (click to continue by Savings Addon )

Quote Originally Posted by kayfabe58 View Post
    ...or is this a new thing on PE?
    No, it is not.

Go to adblock.com and install their product. It's free.
    Regards,

Duncan

I had this a few monthes ago. Some of the ads were conected to uni-suite.com . Google uni-suite popups if you need info. Its really difficult to get rid oof. Adware,spybot etc couldnt do it. It took Norton Live Aid 4 times @ 3 hours per shot to do it. It ended up popping up on every new page loaded. Do not ever click on it even by accident. The next phase is even worse. I got it down loading the software for Amazon Cloud. F'n annoying. The laptop was never the same.