Thread: Tool - West Coast Tour

Tool - West Coast Tour

For those Tool fans lucky enough to live in the West, they are doing a few dates. Wish they would do a full tour.......

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=809181

Steve Sly

Well, touring is nice, but put out a damn new album and quit paying for extra arms of Maynard's winery! End rant.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Well, touring is nice, but put out a damn new album and quit paying for extra arms of Maynard's winery! End rant.

neil

I agree, a new album would be great too.

Steve Sly

i don't get it either...and this is bullshit...if they were road-testing material etc sure but they're not a band to DO that and the ticket prices are like $300.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    ...the ticket prices are like $300.
    Where did you find a place that showed the ticket prices?

Exaggerating but i honestly wouldn't be surprised...this band has sold their souls...while i'm still a fan, they haven't had anything to say since Lateralus.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    Exaggerating but i honestly wouldn't be surprised...this band has sold their souls...while i'm still a fan, they haven't had anything to say since Lateralus.
    The last time I saw them I thought their ticket prices were really reasonable for a full scale full production arena tour. I don't remember exactly what I paid, but they were cheaper than many that tour at that level.

Steve Sly

As a member of their fanclub...some of the VIP packages (granted, i guess) are going for $500! You get a BJ from MJK!

Tix range from $49.50 - 75 as per ticketmaster.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

http://www.spin.com/articles/tool-ne...n=spinfacebook

The wait for Tool's new album just got a little more intense. The art-metal luminaries' leader Maynard James Keenan said way back in 2011 that his bandmates were working on their first full-length since 2006's 10,000 Days. About a year ago, Tool guitarist Adam Jones told SPIN, "It's taken a little longer." Then Tool drummer Danny Carey said the album could be done by early 2014.

In case you haven't checked a calendar lately, that's this year, and Carey's words might've proved prophetic. Tool opened their U.S. tour this week, and last night they played in Portland, Oregon. According to "male lifestyle website" Crave Online, Jones told a source at a pre-show meet-and-greet the new album is "100 percent done" and planned for release before the end of 2014. Yup. New Tool album. Done.

No, the source isn't named, but the latest reported hint at Tool's LP plans would be entirely in character for the band. We'll keep you posted when we hear more; in the meantime, catch up Keenan's other group, Puscifer, with 2011's Conditions of My Parole and 2013's Donkey Punch the Night EP. Plus check out our review of Tool's tour kickoff in Spokane, Washington, and revisit our list of Five Artists Who Still Say No to Streaming.

Finally! Hopefully they can maintain their high standard.

neil

From off Adam Jones' facebook page with as per usual the salivating unwashed masses taking this comment (from a VIP fan interaction) and completely twisting it, his exact words when asked if the album would come out this year were, "yes, it's 100% done...just kidding".
    Last edited by Haruspex Carnage; 03-08-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Sigh......

neil