Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I'd love to hear (band) cover (song)...

Quote Originally Posted by Hour Candle View Post
    Would be fun to hear Michael Bolton doing a The Battle Of Epping Forest cover.

77193afa8ad9ef2059f915327820ddd0aa78b04b66a18113c9293d6a15f5150d.jpg

In 1989, I took PG's ghost to see Heart. He was more into music than anything else at 7.

The opening act (before his rise to fame) was none other than Bolton. Don't want to shock anyone, but he didn't just suck, he was a f*****g shop-vac!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    The Guess Who covering King Crimson's "Cat Food". It never would have occurred to me had my wife not mentioned when she heard the song that it reminded her of Burton Cummings and the Guess Who. Now I can totally picture that!
    Ha! That would be great!

I once had one of these come true. I always wanted to hear Bryan Ferry cover "I Put a Spell on You." When he actually did it, his interpretation was nothing whatsoever like what I had in mind. Oh well!

For some reason, I keep hearing Jon Anderson singing the Kiss song Shock Me in my head, periodically.

It's too late now, but I always thought it might be interesting to hear Richie Havens sing one of the acoustic Genesis things. I keep hearing him singing The Cinema Show, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    For some reason, I keep hearing Jon Anderson singing the Kiss song Shock Me in my head, periodically.
    That's just wrong

I'd love to hear White Willow cover the Scorpions - oh, wait: https://soundcloud.com/termo-records...imal-magnetism

I'd like to hear pre-plane-crash Skynyrd's version of 'Powderfinger'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Yes doing Macarthur Park. That great song needs a prog interpretation!
    Although I'm extremely surprised that someone as informed as yourself wouldn't know this, "MacArthur Park" was already given a 'prog interpretation' - by Beggar's Opera.

Hammill covering his mouth, huh? And rooted in meticulously elaborate argument, of course. How about covering the keys to one's PC with a blanket for, say, a decade or so?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

The now defunct Hydria doing one of the better Renaissance songs (no one covers Renaissance to my chagrin).
    Genuine prog album from back in the day! - *free download* : masquepremiere.bandcamp.com

I wouldn't mind taking a stab at a song like Running Hard... Renaissance always seemed to have a drummer and guitarist that weren't even trying to be in the game with the keyboardist and bass player. It would be fun to try and beef those aspects up a bit. Without it sounding like Portnoy and Alan Morse... not that there's anything wrong with those guys More like Hackett and Bruford maybe.

Bend Sinister doing I Am A Camera (Gentle Giant)
    I remember tomorrow

I'd love to hear Hawkwind cover Out (Porcupine Tree).
    I'd love to hear Manuel Gottsching cover Voyage 34 (PT).
    I'd love to hear The Cure cover Puncture Wound (Steven Wilson).
    I'd love to hear King Crimson cover Luminol (SW).
    I'd love to hear The Hollies cover Creep.