Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's with the US postal service these days?

Quote Originally Posted by alanterrill View Post
    This may or may not have something to do with the recent privatization of the Post Office.
    Whaaaaat??? Privatization isn't the end-all be-all solution?????
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    More paranoid propaganda from the Right.

This last statement in that article epitomizes the total nonsense, with the sole purpose of inciting the lemmings:

While the government gears up for civil unrest and stockpiles ammo without limit, private gun owners on the other hand are finding ammunition shelves empty at gun stores across America, including shortages of once-common cartridges such as .22 Long Rifle.

The truth:

http://news.msn.com/rumors/rumor-us-...n-civil-unrest
    Without wanting to cause too much of a battle here, I'd say investigate a bit more which non-military government agencies have purchased ammunition in the past year. Like...the Department of Education. Really?

By the way, I'm very hard to the left...just sayin'.
    For that which is not,
    there is no coming into being
    and for that which is,
    there is no ceasing to be;
    yea of both of these the lookers into truth have seen an end.
    Bhagavad Gita

Quote Originally Posted by Pr33t View Post
    I think the best part of any paranoid fear mongering like this is the straight-faced assumption that the bureaucracy that can't even deliver your mail correctly will be able to instantly spring into militarized action
    You might want to go a bit deeper. It's not so much that the USPS will be militarized...it won't...it has more to do with the very severe purchase of ammunition by non-military departments of the U.S. Government over the past year. The various agencies are purchasing ammunition...to spread out the overall expenditure...but all of it is stored in federal facilities.

I believe the point is that the government will not be able to revoke the 2nd Amendment...but if it buys up all of the ammo, the citizenry can't shoot for long.

Again...a voice from the far left here...
    For that which is not,
    and for that which is,
    Bhagavad Gita

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    More paranoid propaganda from the Right.

This last statement in that article epitomizes the total nonsense, with the sole purpose of inciting the lemmings:

While the government gears up for civil unrest and stockpiles ammo without limit, private gun owners on the other hand are finding ammunition shelves empty at gun stores across America, including shortages of once-common cartridges such as .22 Long Rifle.

The truth:

http://news.msn.com/rumors/rumor-us-...n-civil-unrest
    You do realize that governments use mainstream news agencies as propaganda distribution, right? It's not like anyone didn't take notes on the successes of the Reich...
    For that which is not,
    and for that which is,
    Bhagavad Gita

Well, I'm as far left as they get, so here's a post from the far right that debunks the myth:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2993833/posts
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bungalow Bill View Post
    The various agencies are purchasing ammunition...to spread out the overall expenditure...but all of it is stored in federal facilities.
    And to make supply scarce and drive the price up. Who needs the 2nd Amendment when there's no ammo to shoot.

Yes, Alex Jones is a whack job but I love him

Well, considering all the baseless paranoia over the last five-plus years, I think there's been enough of a rush on guns and ammo to drive the price up without any help from the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    it's still an honest living.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    Perhaps it might be stressful for someone who has a hard time taking direction or is unable to complete simple tasks for $25/hr.
    Which is it- an honest living, or something a trained monkey could do?

I served as a Navy Aircraft Mechanic on US Aircraft carriers for almost 10 years. 2 combat zones and multiple sustained warfare operations did not prepare me for the constant stress and pressure of being a letter carrier for the United States Postal Service. Your statement shows you have absolutely no clue what the job entails these days. I deliver mail in a downtown urban area, and I can say with some certainty that my job would- and has- kicked most peoples ass from here 'till tuesday. I'm not a shill for the company, and I'm not saying our service doesn't bite the weenie at times, but to say the job is just some sort of assemblage of simple tasks you can sleepwalk through just ain't so.

This kind of stuff pisses me off more than anything else. The U.S.P.S. just like every other government agency, bureau throws away millions of our money.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...or_him_in.html

You might get thwarted by a Paywall, but this article on Louis DeJoy was pretty surprising and eye opening.

https://time.com/6263424/louis-dejoy...postal-reform/