Thread: Beatles nerds: Hello Goodbye Anthology version with Pauls original bass track flown..

Beatles nerds: Hello Goodbye Anthology version with Pauls original bass track flown..

For BEATLES nerds: This is the Anthology version of Hello Goodbye which is take 16 (recorded 2. October with Paul Mc.Cartneys original bass track, recorded the 25. October flown in. It always annoyed me to have a fine alternative version of this track with no bass, so i did what i wish they'd done on The Anthology. This "new version" was assembled by yours truly.

And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I've never heard any of the Anthology albums. I was just looking to see if they (the CDs) were ever released together in a boxed set of some kind, and can't find anything. Seems kind of strange.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I've never heard any of the Anthology albums. I was just looking to see if they (the CDs) were ever released together in a boxed set of some kind, and can't find anything. Seems kind of strange.
    Yeah, you'd think they would have re-issued them all as a set by now. I really like them all, but then again I'm a geek when it comes to the Beatles.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Nice work, Kim!

I always loved Ringo's drumming on this track. He was the man until he ruined Genesis.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    He was the man until he ruined Genesis.

LOOOOOOOOOL :-)

The main difference I hear is the distorted guitar on the left channel is very upfront in the mix throughout. The mix also seems very tinny.
    I'll stick with the most recent remaster of that track.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    The main difference I hear is the distorted guitar on the left channel is very upfront in the mix throughout. The mix also seems very tinny.
    I'll stick with the most recent remaster of that track.

No strings. Starts with a guitar solo, guitar solo in the middle. Bas (as opposed to the Anthology 2 version)