Thread: Ignoring Threat Starters

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Ignoring Threat Starters

Just curious. If person A has person B on Ignore, and Person B starts a thread, can Person A see the thread? If they see the thread, would they not see the initial post? Would they be able to see who started the thread?

I've never put anyone on ignore. If you have someone on Ignore, do you know they posted something, but you just don't see the text?

Thanks.

Yes, you can still see the thread if you have the person on ignore. You get a white box for the person you have on ignore that says something like "you can't see this post because you have Person A on ignore. To see the post, click here." You can still see the person's screen name, but whatever they post is hidden from view.

Yes, you know they posted something but it looks like this (just an off-the-top-of-my-head example, of course) :

Capture.jpg

...unfortunately you can see what they say if they're quoted by someone else, and if you've got someone on Ignore.... it's likely that they are often quoted.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Thanks for the sample!